Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
My 15" Premium with 20" did NOT include these.... where did you "find out" this?!?
Found this out by digging deep and reading alot of threads / starting this thread and asking other people.

Did you buy your car new??
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
mine came from the factory with the 20s. i wonder why they would do more than the wheels. ill have to look for those braces i guess

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
my 17 built in Aug 16 with 20" wheels, no PP due to an automatic trani choice, has the underside K brace with the PP oil door and the firewall to strut tower brace. I had to add the strut tower to strut tower brace. There is no foam next to the fog lights.

OP
OP
Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
my 17 built in Aug 16 with 20" wheels, no PP due to an automatic trani choice, has the underside K brace with the PP oil door and the firewall to strut tower brace. I had to add the strut tower to strut tower brace. There is no foam next to the fog lights.
Mines an auto too. Maybe the extras only come on the autos that have the 20" wheel package. Can any guys with a 6speed / 20s, non PP confirm this?

Guys in the thread who commented they didn't have these options. What tranny do you have? 6 speed or auto?

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I have a very early build 15/auto with the 20" wheel package and I have the extra parts, oil filter cover, upper and lower braces. I also had the foam in the fenders but pulled it. Best explanation we could ever come up with was that something about the taller wheel added some kind of extra stresses on the chassis and adding the braces helps. Also the "air tunnels" in the fenders are supposed to act as air shields over the front tires to aid in aerodynamics. IIRC the wheels on the PP have less offset and the air tunnels are open. Other wheels set outboard more and the opening are covered to reduce the air "piling up" inside the wheel well.

skistoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 20" CO
I BELIEVE WE HAVE SOME CONFUSION

1. LOWER CROSSMEMBER
2. COWL EXTENSION BRACE
3. K-BRACE
LOWER CROSSMEMBER.jpg
COWL  EXTENSION BRACE.jpg
k-brace.jpg

skistoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 20" CO
Now that is straightened out

I have the lower crossmember and upper cowl extension brace installed.

I did hear if the car had the 20 inch wheels, these were just part of the build.

Not an option that you could choose.

And no the car did not come with the k-brace. that I installed myself.

finally i have just the regular plain pan, maybe oil filter door was a latter production improvement?
Sponsored

Last edited: