Sponsored

2 week update... Washed, clayed, sealed, waxed...and looking amazing!

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
2 weeks ago I spent a few hours on Saturday and then 1-2 hours Sunday washing, drying, claying, waxing, and sealing my GT. Yes, it's been brought to my attention I should have waxed AFTER sealing it but I'll do that before putting her up for the winter in November.

I did take pics but they don't do the results justice. After two weeks, I can honestly say I can't notice a difference from how she looked right after I was done. No bugs on the bumper, no dust/pollen anywhere, can still see my reflection in the paint. I'm super impressed with these results!

Here's what I used...

1. 3 buckets- 1 common wash bucket but a separate bucket with washboard/mitt/grit guard for tires and then for paint.

2. Foam cannon hooked up to my garden hose.

3. Leaf blower

4. Meguiar's Clay/QD Spray/MF Towel kit.

5. Collinite 845 wax and generic yellow pad to apply.

6. CG Jet Seal and generic yellow pad to apply then MF towels to wipe off/buff.

I did one panel at a time and it worked out great. Since I borrowed the leaf blower from my neighbor, it's the only thing I'll have to buy. Other than that, it looks like I have a winning formula for how to keep my car looking beautiful. We'll see how it holds up over a few months and over the years.

-Emt1581
Sponsored

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
2 weeks ago I spent a few hours on Saturday and then 1-2 hours Sunday washing, drying, claying, waxing, and sealing my GT. Yes, it's been brought to my attention I should have waxed AFTER sealing it but I'll do that before putting her up for the winter in November.

I did take pics but they don't do the results justice. After two weeks, I can honestly say I can't notice a difference from how she looked right after I was done. No bugs on the bumper, no dust/pollen anywhere, can still see my reflection in the paint. I'm super impressed with these results!

Here's what I used...

1. 3 buckets- 1 common wash bucket but a separate bucket with washboard/mitt/grit guard for tires and then for paint.

2. Foam cannon hooked up to my garden hose.

3. Leaf blower

4. Meguiar's Clay/QD Spray/MF Towel kit.

5. Collinite 845 wax and generic yellow pad to apply.

6. CG Jet Seal and generic yellow pad to apply then MF towels to wipe off/buff.

I did one panel at a time and it worked out great. Since I borrowed the leaf blower from my neighbor, it's the only thing I'll have to buy. Other than that, it looks like I have a winning formula for how to keep my car looking beautiful. We'll see how it holds up over a few months and over the years.

-Emt1581
Only thing other than what you stated about switching to seal then wax, would be a caution about the leaf blower. Since those are unfiltered, it can force small particles at high speed onto your paint. I know this happens every day when driving, but if you can avoid it, do so. That would mean getting one of the filtered air pumps to help dry the car.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Only thing other than what you stated about switching to seal then wax, would be a caution about the leaf blower. Since those are unfiltered, it can force small particles at high speed onto your paint. I know this happens every day when driving, but if you can avoid it, do so. That would mean getting one of the filtered air pumps to help dry the car.
Filtered air pumps? Not sure what those are. Thanks for sharing the suggestion though!! Gives me something to look into.

-Emt1581

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Filtered air pumps? Not sure what those are. Thanks for sharing the suggestion though!! Gives me something to look into.

-Emt1581
Yes, as said above, something like the master blaster is filtered, but more pricey than the leaf blower.:cheers:
Sponsored