Sponsored

Maintaing a waxed Mustang?

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Today, I finally gave my baby a proper wash and wax. My question is, how do you properly maintain the wax on the vehicle? Now that the car is waxed, do I wash/dry the car differently? use specific product like quick detailer or spray wax?

Tips, tricks, or any info will help. Thanks
Sponsored

Legacykid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' CO EB
Typically every time you wash your vehicle hit it with a spray wax/sealant after. Spray wax/sealant doesnt last very long but does help with extending the life of wax.

No special way of washing is needed just two bucket method or the like to wash without inflicting damage to paint!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Today, I finally gave my baby a proper wash and wax. My question is, how do you properly maintain the wax on the vehicle? Now that the car is waxed, do I wash/dry the car differently? use specific product like quick detailer or spray wax?

Tips, tricks, or any info will help. Thanks
Andy -

I'm no detailing expert, but I have been using Pinnacle Souveran spray wax after about every other car wash (which I do once a week), and I've been very pleased with how it's maintaining, and even adding to, the deep, wet look of the wax job that I did back in mid-December.

I've been so impressed with Pinnacle's spray wax that I have their paste wax on order. If it comes in this week, I intend to apply it this weekend, and continue using their spray wax after every other wash.

Not the best pic but here's one of Ruby after I had used the Pinnacle spray wax probably two times.
Ruby with Pinnacle Spray Wax 1.jpg

OP
OP
TheNameAndy

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Typically every time you wash your vehicle hit it with a spray wax/sealant after. Spray wax/sealant doesnt last very long but does help with extending the life of wax.

No special way of washing is needed just two bucket method or the like to wash without inflicting damage to paint!
Thanks for the reply. I was thought it had to be spray wax, just wasn't sure.

Andy -

I'm no detailing expert, but I have been using Pinnacle Souveran spray wax after about every other car wash (which I do once a week), and I've been very pleased with how it's maintaining, and even adding to, the deep, wet look of the wax job that I did back in mid-December.

I've been so impressed with Pinnacle's spray wax that I have their paste wax on order. If it comes in this week, I intend to apply it this weekend, and continue using their spray wax after every other wash.

Not the best pic but here's one of Ruby after I had used the Pinnacle spray wax probably two times.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to look into this spray wax, your car looks awesome!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to look into this spray wax, your car looks awesome!
The Pinnacle is pricey. But the spray wax is easy on, easy off, and I've read that the paste wax is equally easy. I've used waxes that aren't. What a pain to have to rub really hard to get the wax off. It makes the job twice as hard. Hence, I'll pay the premium price to get a premium product.

Sponsored

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Is the hybrid V7 from chemical guys considered spray wax or just detailer? Is there a difference?

Legacykid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' CO EB
The Pinnacle is pricey. But the spray wax is easy on, easy off, and I've read that the paste wax is equally easy. I've used waxes that aren't. What a pain to have to rub really hard to get the wax off. It makes the job twice as hard. Hence, I'll pay the premium price to get a premium product.
Pinnacle line is great, but your going to pay for it. Most waxes are easy to come off, if applied properly. Some are just much easier to apply thin, thus making them easy to remove. Ive noticed lighting plays a role, good lighting i can see how thin I have applied wax. Some areas, like lower panels, where lighting is not great. I have applied it thicker and needed more elbow grease to remove.

Is the hybrid V7 from chemical guys considered spray wax or just detailer? Is there a difference?
Its their spray sealant. Wont last like a sealant, think of it as a spray wax. People love it.

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
2 bucket method with grit guard (s) and a good spray wax! Some wax has more longevity than others. Just check out your water beading and you can tell if the wax is wearing off. The key in maintaining a new car is to start off on the right foot. Sounds like you've got it. Also, I love the Hybrid V7! I use all the core turtle wax ice products. But, my exceptions are the Hybrid V7 and Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax anywhere.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Most important thing is use a soap made specifically for washing a car. These will be formulated not to strip wax. You'd be surprised how many people in this world still think using dish soap is fine for washing a car. :doh:

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)

Andy -

Here's a couple of pics of Ruby after I applied Pinnacle's paste wax. I intend to continue using their spray wax after washing until it's time to use the paste wax again.
Ruby with Pinnacle Paste Wax - large size 2.jpg
Ruby with Pinnacle Paste Wax large size 3.jpg

OP
OP
TheNameAndy

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Andy -

Here's a couple of pics of Ruby after I applied Pinnacle's paste wax. I intend to continue using their spray wax after washing until it's time to use the paste wax again.
The color looks deep and rich!! looks really nice!
Sponsored