2 error codes on Ford App--advice?

Emrys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all--

I just got home from a 2900 mile round trip cross-country. The 'Stang performed well the entire way--no issues whatsoever, averaged 26.5 mpg, etc. But this morning I opened up the Ford app and saw these 2 brand new error codes:

--Malfunction Indicator Lamp-Regulatory
--Charge System Fault

To be honest, given the Ford app's history, I'm almost more inclined to think it's an error with the app than my Mustang. I'm under warranty so I'll take it in, but since it's my only vehicle, it's a huge logistics problem for me to have it out of commission for any length of time. Can anyone tell me more about how serious these codes are and if you have any experience with them?
Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I had both of these show up also. I assumed app bug and deleted

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Hi all--

I just got home from a 2900 mile round trip cross-country. The 'Stang performed well the entire way--no issues whatsoever, averaged 26.5 mpg, etc. But this morning I opened up the Ford app and saw these 2 brand new error codes:

--Malfunction Indicator Lamp-Regulatory
--Charge System Fault

To be honest, given the Ford app's history, I'm almost more inclined to think it's an error with the app than my Mustang. I'm under warranty so I'll take it in, but since it's my only vehicle, it's a huge logistics problem for me to have it out of commission for any length of time. Can anyone tell me more about how serious these codes are and if you have any experience with them?
I've gotten this before. The app will read codes that are stored but have not yet caused a CEL and report them...Seemingly at random. Use a code reader and I can almost guarantee you have a P0316 and/or P0300 code sitting in memory. These are not serious(just a misfire detected on startup) and can happen with crappy gas or a rough start. This error happened for me after I tuned my car to Flex/Full E85.

OP
OP
Emrys

Emrys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, guys. Relieved to know that these codes are no big deal. I used the app again today and no new codes came up, so maybe it was just a bad tank of gas on the road.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I checked for codes via reader and nothing there. I'm sure app error..
Sponsored