Sponsored

19's vs 20's

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I am waffling between the 20's I ordered or the 19's (non PP). Although I love the 20's, the non PP 19's look amazing especially on white, silver or black GT's. Can anyone post side by side pics of these...thnx.

When is it too late to make changes...our car shows in order status with only the first half of the block underlined in green on COTUS.

Thnx
Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I am waffling between the 20's I ordered or the 19's (non PP). Although I love the 20's, the non PP 19's look amazing especially on white, silver or black GT's. Can anyone post side by side pics of these...thnx.

When is it too late to make changes...our car shows in order status with only the first half of the block underlined in green on COTUS.

Thnx
Once you have a Window Sticker it is set in stone.

EuroBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
19" are cool but you will need a spacer to make it look more aggressive. it appears that the car has plenty of room to go with a substantially lower offset.

u can always go aftermarket and get a lower offset measurement.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
The thing I have against the 20 is the choice in tires right now... 20s are substantially more expensive than the 19 plus the 19 also has more options for tires

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The thing I have against the 20 is the choice in tires right now... 20s are substantially more expensive than the 19 plus the 19 also has more options for tires
Yeah I'm trying to find all seasons for my 20" wheels...there are only two options that I can find, both are Continentals.

Sponsored

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
I have the 20s and love em on the Silver Ingot, mainly because of the rims which look great with silver. I probably would of been okay with 19s as well with the 50th package but I wasnt patient enough to wait and needed a car. I dont think you could go wrong with either choice and you can change it later if you dont like it.

GMG Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gmgracing.com
Tire compound is an issue if performance is what you're after. However most if not all tire manufacturers now offer full DOT R compounds in 20". Most 20s will run at least 220 upwards over 400 which means you'll get great wear but the performance really struggles. That all being said we have huge wheel wells so the 20s still seem to fit better. Even on the S197s.

Just my 2 cents.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Yeah I'm trying to find all seasons for my 20" wheels...there are only two options that I can find, both are Continentals.
Yeah.... My first replacement after getting an extra set of rims will be switching to all seasons... probably the Generals coming in at about 200 give or take a few... has one of the better treadwear ratings around 400 and 500 ... a hell lot better than the pirelli in the 200 range

GMG Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gmgracing.com
The Pirelli tire is a 200 for a reason. Treadware is a direct correlation to the performance of the tire. The higher the number, the harder the rubber therefore the LESS grip the tire has. We set up client cars with a 160 to 200 for summer and nothing ever over a 300 for "all season". Anything higher and you're basically driving on plastic. Why bother owning a performance car at that point??

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks all. We luv the 20's, but those not too dark, premium painted 19's rock.
Sponsored