18+ RTR diffuser install help

Bootsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP2 Magnetic Mustang GT
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I just picked this up and was wondering if anyone could share some insight into the installation process. I'm a pretty visual learner so I was hoping to find some videos on it but no dice, I did find plenty on the 15-17 diffuser though. The instructions mention an "air reciprocating saw" which I do not have. I have many other tools at my disposal so just wondering what might be the best one for this job?

Basically what I'd like to know is how others went about the installation. So any help would be appreciated, this forum has helped me with basically all my projects so far. I'm surprised that I could not find any info for this.
Sponsored

Jmesl8er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 1992 Twin Turbo 300ZX
Cutoff wheel on a grinder will work also.

OP
OP
Bootsyy

Bootsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Cutoff wheel on a grinder will work also.
How precise do you think I could get with that? It seems like the cuts need to be decent, the directions mention not melting the plastic. The only one I have access to is a 7" and the cutting wheels are pretty thick. I was thinking oscillating tool or reciprocating saw battery powered? Just wondering if anyone went that route already.

Jmesl8er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
Almost anything will cut it. I sometimes get sloppy with body saw.

Jmesl8er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
Use tape and cut down the center.

Sponsored

Jmesl8er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
You can get 4" wheels cheap

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
Mines not an 18+ but I used tape and a razor knife. Made 3-4 passes and it cut through nice and straight

OP
OP
Bootsyy

Bootsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mines not an 18+ but I used tape and a razor knife. Made 3-4 passes and it cut through nice and straight
It was pretty easy to get through? I might go that route since I don't want to cut too much off.

Jmesl8er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
Tape and a cutoff wheel or body saw. I think it would be to easy to mess up with a razor

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Let me know how it goes. I had the same issue. Only found instructions. No one seems to do this mod much For the 18 since the OEM seems fine. I guess cutting the diffuser scares most people. I’m not nervous but to me it was a bad move by RTR in my opinion. They should’ve made a legit diffuser replacement. But whatever. My whole car is RTR just missing the rear diffusers.

OP
OP
Bootsyy

Bootsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Let me know how it goes. I had the same issue. Only found instructions. No one seems to do this mod much For the 18 since the OEM seems fine. I guess cutting the diffuser scares most people. I’m not nervous but to me it was a bad move by RTR in my opinion. They should’ve made a legit diffuser replacement. But whatever. My whole car is RTR just missing the rear diffusers.
I definitely will whenever I can grow a pair haha but I'll be sure to keep you posted! If you find anything on installing it definitely let me know too.
Sponsored