Sponsored

'18 rear bumber on '15-'17 and exhaust

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I am not exactly sure but I think if they try to mount the valence with the exhaust openings, the tabs do not line up between 18 jumper and the 15-17 bumper.

I am not sure about swapping the entire bumper. I know there are already threads about this on here.

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am not exactly sure but I think if they try to mount the valence with the exhaust openings, the tabs do not line up between 18 jumper and the 15-17 bumper.

I am not sure about swapping the entire bumper. I know there are already threads about this on here.

Yea i was looking to swap the entire bumper as ive seen others on here do but was unsure if the exhaust hangars etc would line up the same to use an '18 exhaust.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I have a complete 18 exhaust on my 16. Everything bolts up exactly the same. But my premium valance painted area is wider then the inner tips. So I cut my black valance area then bent the mufflers wider apart. Then I needed to mess with the brackets and such.

20210425_123505.jpg

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a complete 18 exhaust on my 16. Everything bolts up exactly the same. But my premium valance painted area is wider then the inner tips. So I cut my black valance area then bent the mufflers wider apart. Then I needed to mess with the brackets and such.

20210425_123505.jpg
So you have a 15-17 premium bumper with the cutout for dual tips?

Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
There's a few of us who've cut-out the Premium bumper on the 15-17 for quad tips. There's a thread on here somewhere for this. I just used a dremmel and cut out the single exhaust opening to accommodate quad tips. It takes some time to make it look good and even on both sides, but well worth it. I love the quad tip look.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
So you have a 15-17 premium bumper with the cutout for dual tips?
Yes, I made a little template annd used a 3" hole saw to get the rounds good then finished the straight cuts with a hand hack saw. BUT I then needed to bend the mufflers 3" at least apart from each other. Then the hangers needed to be bent. With the non active exhaust it wasn't too bad to bend the muffler hangers. For the active exhaaust I cut, modified and moved the hanger brackets in the rear.

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There's a few of us who've cut-out the Premium bumper on the 15-17 for quad tips. There's a thread on here somewhere for this. I just used a dremmel and cut out the single exhaust opening to accommodate quad tips. It takes some time to make it look good and even on both sides, but well worth it. I love the quad tip look.
Originally thats what i wanted to do until i found out i have a base gtpp. After seeing what used premium bumpers go for with damage i decided to just get a brand new oem 18 bumper and valance. I totally agree on the look of the quad look. After seeing the quad tips it makes me hate my base single bumper.

Yes, I made a little template annd used a 3" hole saw to get the rounds good then finished the straight cuts with a hand hack saw. BUT I then needed to bend the mufflers 3" at least apart from each other. Then the hangers needed to be bent. With the non active exhaust it wasn't too bad to bend the muffler hangers. For the active exhaaust I cut, modified and moved the hanger brackets in the rear.
Thanks good to know. So it sounds like when i get the 18 bumper the exhaust should line up.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Yeah, You should have everything line right up then.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
You can still run a roush or gt350 rear valance on a base bumper if you want
Sponsored