Sponsored

18+ Amber fog light switchbacks?

alex9j4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost
Has anyone come across a switchback style led replacement for the 18+ Amber fog lights/signals like there was available on the 2015-2017?

Looking for the Amber's to be white LEDs untill I signal.

Thanks
Sponsored

19GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT California Special
I've been looking for some for a while and haven't found any on the market

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I don't think this product exists yet. However, I will say I purchased quite a few bulbs for my 2018 GT from Diode Dynamics and I shared some pictures of installs and during a side conservation I had with them, I suggested they come up with a solution and I believe they are talking to their engineers to see if its possible/cost effective.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Diode Dynamics had some for the 15-17 but stopped selling them. I looked for quite some time for my ā€˜15 as I prefer the amber look over the ā€œall white front lightsā€ look and came up empty

Sponsored

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
I knew I wasn't the only one that wanted this lol has anyone using FORSCAN been able to turn off the amber light function until the turn signal is activated?

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I found these on aliexpress and it looks like they may be what they are looking for. the top pictures look like generic photos showing the white running lights/amber signals on their '15-'17 lights, but the bottom photos look like the actual product which appears to include the LED fogs (which my car has)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000365348157.html

who wants to be the guinea pig? i'm mostly concerned about quality of those fogs.

for those of you without factory fogs on your 18+ i also found one without the fogs: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000185798800.html

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I found these on aliexpress and it looks like they may be what they are looking for. the top pictures look like generic photos showing the white running lights/amber signals on their '15-'17 lights, but the bottom photos look like the actual product which appears to include the LED fogs (which my car has)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000365348157.html

who wants to be the guinea pig? i'm mostly concerned about quality of those fogs.

for those of you without factory fogs on your 18+ i also found one without the fogs: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000185798800.html
Amazing find!

I'll believe it when I see it though. I could be in for a few hundred, but not their asking price. Sorry.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
That right there is the reason they donā€™t make the switch backs, even cheap China made stuff is $300+ Owning a lighting business dealing with DD and TRS there will be a handful of people that would pay for these. And I bet through both of those companies if they did make them they would be more then $300 easy, closer to $500 is what Iā€™d guess MSRP would be. These are not just a light bulb to replace itā€™s a complete fog light and turn signal housing so wonā€™t be cheap. If I ever come across one I could cut it open and check the board and see if I could add white LEDā€™s. I highly doubt these bake open

mrblackbond

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack 1
That right there is the reason they donā€™t make the switch backs, even cheap China made stuff is $300+ Owning a lighting business dealing with DD and TRS there will be a handful of people that would pay for these. And I bet through both of those companies if they did make them they would be more then $300 easy, closer to $500 is what Iā€™d guess MSRP would be. These are not just a light bulb to replace itā€™s a complete fog light and turn signal housing so wonā€™t be cheap. If I ever come across one I could cut it open and check the board and see if I could add white LEDā€™s. I highly doubt these bake open
subbed...... I am so annoyed with the yellow/amber parking lights down there. Would so rather have them white.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried to "simply" disconnect the amber running light function of the lights but still have the turn signal connected so they function normally when signalling? Maybe use a quick disconnect on the running light power wire that could be reconnected for state safety inspections and/or selling the car?

Since there is no aftermarket alternative available, I would rather just disable the amber running lights and only have them turn on when signalling.