Sponsored

'17 ZL1 Nürburgring Lap Time of 7:29:60...WOW...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I wanna know how the hell do you time a race or car that starts the clock at the starting line on a speeding roll?
Another words, to accurately time a race, the car would need to be at a dead stop and then start the timer once the car starts moving. Like any other race in the world. You don't see any other timed races starting on a roll start. This car video shows the camaros timer starting after it passes the starting line at what ever speeds. Let's say I pass the starting line at 40mph and the timers start. I already have a lead compared to a car starting from a dead stop. Or let's say another car starts the timer as he passes the starting line going 80mph. I don't get how you accurately time this.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'll admit I'm biased as hell. I'm a ford guy and have only owned fords my whole life (45 years old).
I don't have a problem saying another car is ok, nice, or impressive etc. but I'm not going to buy one or ever say I want one. Especially a GM or import lol. Dodges, forget it! I can't stand dodges period. Those are more like AMC's to me.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I wanna know how the hell do you time a race or car that starts the clock at the starting line on a speeding roll?
Another words, to accurately time a race, the car would need to be at a dead stop and then start the timer once the car starts moving. Like any other race in the world. You don't see any other timed races starting on a roll start. This car video shows the camaros timer starting after it passes the starting line at what ever speeds. Let's say I pass the starting line at 40mph and the timers start. I already have a lead compared to a car starting from a dead stop. Or let's say another car starts the timer as he passes the starting line going 80mph. I don't get how you accurately time this.
Every timed lap is done with a flying start. Very few races in the world even use a standing start anymore. As the car comes off the last corner from a "warm-up lap" it heads into the hotlap on the move, thus taking away any launching errors from a stop. Someone isn't going over the start line at 40 when someone else is doing 80. If you look at the Ring for example, the very last turn, just past the pit lane, every car is accelerating hard at the corner and the time starts just before they basically hit the braking zone on turn 1. If a car with a lot more power and speed can accelerate faster over that short distance before the stopwatch starts, that isn't an unfair advantage, as a less powerful car had the same distance to accelerate over.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'll admit I'm biased as hell. I'm a ford guy and have only owned fords my whole life (45 years old).
I don't have a problem saying another car is ok, nice, or impressive etc. but I'm not going to buy one or ever say I want one. Especially a GM or import lol. Dodges, forget it! I can't stand dodges period. Those are more like AMC's to me.

Brother I agree with you 100%. :ford:

Sponsored

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
Very interesting underbody aero panels (bet those aren't on the production car ) and the Ford ( they leave this fact out ) GM developed a10. :ninja:
My 5th gen ZL1 had underbelly aero that went from the front splitter right past the cats. The C7 also has some underbelly aero. So it is nothing to be surprised about.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Am I lying :cool:
Your reading way to much into it. You seem to try and find any little thing to dog the Camaro or GM.:crazy: I didn't read anything where they said they designed the 10 speed.:confused:

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
According to this article, the A10 ZL1 weighs 3944lbs. If the ZL1 maintains its projected weight, then it didn't receive additional reinforcement like the 1LE.
What reinforcements did the 1le get? I have not seen anything in writing that said it did. Where are you coming up with this?:confused:

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
It's mentioned in the article as a future possibility, but somebody in the comments implies that the differential is locking/unlocking based on a GPS and pre-programmed tack diagram. Interesting technology, but seems a bit over the top.:shrug:

GPS connected vehicle dynamics in a performance car bugs me. All the other tech like gear holding and the trick suspension is ok but a rear diff that locks and unlocks based on a pre programed track diagram? That's not racing, that's a robot. This technology would be amazing on a Silvarado Heavy Duty where the vehicle would know the upcoming grade and curves to control gearing and speed. It could even have a max economy mode that would make cruise control even smarter by varying speed for better fuel economy based on grade. A track day car is not where this tech should be.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Not impressed at all. Sure a sub 7.30 time is great, however, this car by all rights should be an animal. With 650hp and 650 ft/lbs of tq it is only 2.59 seconds faster than the gt350r. I'm sorry but this thing has 124 more hp and 221 more ft/lbs of tq, and only wins by 2.59 seconds on a 12.9 mile track? this car is not impressive. Sure it has 200 lbs on the shelby but this has the new 10 speed transmission and not a 6 speed manual.

If anything this just shows how amazing the Shelby is. can't wait to see the gt500 when it comes out or for that matter what the new Ford GT will do.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Not impressed at all. Sure a sub 7.30 time is great, however, this car by all rights should be an animal. With 650hp and 650 ft/lbs of tq it is only 2.59 seconds faster than the gt350r. I'm sorry but this thing has 124 more hp and 221 more ft/lbs of tq, and only wins by 2.59 seconds on a 12.9 mile track? this car is not impressive. Sure it has 200 lbs on the shelby but this has the new 10 speed transmission and not a 6 speed manual.

If anything this just shows how amazing the Shelby is. can't wait to see the gt500 when it comes out or for that matter what the new Ford GT will do.
Ford has not released the time for the R. We really don't know what it ran.
Sponsored