Sponsored

'17 ZL1 Nürburgring Lap Time of 7:29:60...WOW...

boosted12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z
I've already contacted a dealer willing to order at 2K under...

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I've already contacted a dealer willing to order at 2K under...
Go for then it if that is what you want and it will make you happy, no doubt about it, it'll be a great performer :cheers:

But the ADM crisis vs Under MSRP in my opinion tells you which is the more desired or in other words which is the better car :thumbsup:

On lots of courses a 911 Turbo S will be faster than a GT3, but it is the GT3 that holds enthusiasts interest and the car that creates such an avid following. Absolute speed doesn't always equate to being a better car, a quicker car maybe, but not better ;)

boosted12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z
Better when not defined in objective criteria is an opinion....the GT350R is a hell of a car but IMHO NOT nearly 12-17K better...

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Better when not defined in objective criteria is an opinion....the GT350R is a hell of a car but IMHO NOT nearly 12-17K better...
Sure if you want to talk about performance/$$. But if you are truly out looking for a car that has to have the best performance/$$ ratio, then IMO you aren't shopping for a car as a real car enthusiast or shopping with your heart. All you are doing is looking for the best track times. In that case, go buy an Ariel Atom or a Caterham or a Radical and beat everything out there, for less.

The 350R and Z28 have beaten many supercar times on track, do you think Ferrari owners or Porsche owners or McLaren owners really care? When buying a sports car, the "objective criteria" you speak of should never be the first priority. Driving enjoyment, how the car makes you feel, how the car itself feels, all of the intangible aspects that cannot be directly measured are what is most important. There is a BIG reason why every review raves about the GT350, because those intangibles are what makes the 350 such a phenomenal car.

Are there cars that are faster and perform better? Absolutely, look at the 1LE if you want performance/$$. But you will never see the same raving reviews, excitement or joy with those cars that you will see from people who have reviewed, driven, or owned a GT350.

Lap times are not the be-all, end-all. They shouldn't even be a priority IMO.

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Sure if you want to talk about performance/$$. But if you are truly out looking for a car that has to have the best performance/$$ ratio, then IMO you aren't shopping for a car as a real car enthusiast or shopping with your heart. All you are doing is looking for the best track times. In that case, go buy an Ariel Atom or a Caterham or a Radical and beat everything out there, for less.

The 350R and Z28 have beaten many supercar times on track, do you think Ferrari owners or Porsche owners or McLaren owners really care? When buying a sports car, the "objective criteria" you speak of should never be the first priority. Driving enjoyment, how the car makes you feel, how the car itself feels, all of the intangible aspects that cannot be directly measured are what is most important. There is a BIG reason why every review raves about the GT350, because those intangibles are what makes the 350 such a phenomenal car.

Are there cars that are faster and perform better? Absolutely, look at the 1LE if you want performance/$$. But you will never see the same raving reviews, excitement or joy with those cars that you will see from people who have reviewed, driven, or owned a GT350.

Best performance to dollar? Shooot....

LS swapped 240SX.

lol

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Best performance to dollar? Shooot....

LS swapped 240SX.

lol
Naaah, you take the most basic Atom, or Caterham, Radical, anything that has track times as its number 1 priority, and they will destroy all of these supposed "track cars" that we talk about all the time. Want to make an ACR viper look slow? Put an Ariel Atom on track next to it, even the base model. The V8 version with near 500hp? Basically a detuned F1 car without the aero grip LOL

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!

This guy speaks the truth. Performance per dollar for a track car might be the 1LE. Performance per dollar for from factory might be the 1SS. But will I ever choose a 1SS or 1LE over a GT or 350? Never. I'm biased though since I always loved the Mustang.

With that said, which is more special and exclusive? A BMW M4 or a Shelby GT350? Shelby GT350 everyday all day despite the M4 cost more.

Well, that's just my humbly opinion

Zebra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT500
The 127 Trap time has my attention as well.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The 127 Trap time has my attention as well.
I did that bone stock in my previous 14 gt500 on oe tires. 11.3@127 with 1.8 60fts backed by two more 11.3s at 126s with 1.8 60fts. 3/4 full gas tank in 1500+ da.

I think the new zl1 looks nice but 127 isnt impressive nor was the stock trinity gt500s

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Meanwhile I've never seen a GT500 run in the 11's stock because their drivers didn't know how to drive them properly.

Same for a ZL1.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
If someone cant run 11s in the 13-14s gt500s with ease they are a horrible drag racer. :lol:
Are all GT500's M6?

Anyone can spin the tires out at the line if they don't know what they are doing.

Damn, low 11's for a bone stock GT500? Fug me! When it comes out again, I'm pretty sure it will own the Hellcat and ZL1. Heck, I don't even know if the Z06 can keep up with it.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Are all GT500's M6?

Anyone can spin the tires out at the line if they don't know what they are doing.

Damn, low 11's for a bone stock GT500? Fug me! When it comes out again, I'm pretty sure it will own the Hellcat and ZL1. Heck, I don't even know if the Z06 can keep up with it.
Z06s are going 10s stock in the right hands. Hellcats are about the same et and trap wise as what i ran.

Also yes, no auto gt500s unless swapped
Sponsored