Sponsored

'17 ZL1 Nürburgring Lap Time of 7:29:60...WOW...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm seriously concerned that you may be deaf my friend :( :lol:

The flat 6 sounds utterly fantastic, especially under load. They are such fast revving engines that idle revs in youtube clips do not do the engines justice. IMO, there are no other engines in the world that evoke the feeling of a "race car" more than the flat six from a GT Porsche. Personally I would rate the GT3's sound to be equal to the 350R's V8, they just have a truly unique sound that literally sounds like nothing else on the planet, just like our FPC V8.

Good point about the cost, but cost is largely irrelevant when we speak of ultimate lap times. That extra cost will buy you a lifetime worth of durability and quality that you won't find in any American made car; they are simply built to the highest standard of any automaker on the planet.
Maybe I am deaf! :shrug:

I have driven a couple Carreras and a GT3 and they seemed extremely quiet to me. Of course I'm used to my GT350, which is quite loud by comparison. The last Carrerra S I drove I felt like I was in a library!

Frankly I don't love the power delivery of the Porsches either.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
That video means nothing to me. Oh wait. I'll compare it to a police camera. So let's see, if a cop shoots someone "without" a camera does it mean it didn't happen and the bad guy didn't really get shot?

I don't get some of you guys, because ford didn't video the gt350R times at the ring you're basically saying ford lied. But even when ford videotaped the gt500 then some say it's not real. Give me a break. I'll agree the ZzzzzzzL1 is fast but this video proves nothing about it being a production car, and even if it is it's still just a supercharged option on a old Z28. I'm sure if GM were to put a supercharger on a gen 5 z28 the results would be about the same.
I don't think Ford lied. I just don't remember it being a statement directly from Ford. (I really could have missed it too. I didn't go and try to Google anything about it.) I personally believe the GT350 is perfectly capable of that time.

Also, I'd just like the video specifically because I like car videos.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Well its still a rear wheel drive car with a hefty 3800 plus pounds weight! If it had awd things would be a little bit more interesting. You are also limited with rubber. You can give a car all that power, chasis,handling and all, but its still physics. Everything has its limits.

I do hope the gt500 should come on top, just even put a supercharger on a gt350 r and it might be faster. I love when people compare the new gen cars to old zo6. That old piece of shit amazing mouth drooling machine can get as light as 3100 lbs with a beasty na engine!
Agreed you can't fight physics. But considering the size and weight distribution, the new gen Camaros are actually slightly ahead of the Mustang in that regard. So even if you said it was a 4000 lb car, it still has a far superior power/weight, and a far superior track transmission. We know the tires are supposedly 285/305, so a little smaller yes, but the extra power/trans more than makes up for that. Considering the advantages it has over the R, I still think it should have been much faster. If it were in the 7:25-7:26 range I would have been more impressed.

Yes the old Z06 was very light and had a great engine, but its still 10 year old tire and suspension tech, with a manual transmission. Considering the far superior magnetic dampening, differentials, transmission, far higher power output, much better brakes, WAY stickier tires, etc. I still think its pretty bad that it outdid the new ZL1. Considering the new Z06 runs supposedly in the realm of 7:06 give or take, and that the ZL1 has essentially the same drivetrain, I don't think the extra 400-500lbs would be worth almost 25 seconds over the course of a lap..

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Can we, for once, have a Camaro thread that doesn't turn ugly, with childish insults being thrown?

:thumbsup:
This is......a mustang forum ? Still have to defend our mustang.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Maybe I am deaf! :shrug:

I have driven a couple Carreras and a GT3 and they seemed extremely quiet to me. Of course I'm used to my GT350, which is quite loud by comparison. The last Carrerra S I drove I felt like I was in a library!

Frankly I don't love the power delivery of the Porsches either.
I won't hold it against you :D

They certainly aren't as typically loud thats for sure. The 911R is actually louder than a 350R based on the decibel readings LOL thank a titanium exhaust and no sound insulation for that one :lol:

They certainly could be louder, for which there are aftermarket exhaust to cure that, but I simply love the tone of them. Pure motorsports is all that it reminds me of :thumbsup:

I actually first fell in love with the idea of the 350 because of the fact that it would be the closest thing I would get to having a Porsche GT3 like car. I'm not a big torque down low kinda guy whatsoever, LOVE that the engines have to be revved, just makes it seem like they are begging you to be driven hard all the time :)

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Mustang GT and 12 SRT8 Challenger
You can defend it like an adult, calm and collective, or like my 7 year old (kick scream, and name call)...you tend to choose the 7 year old route quite often.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Some of you guys take this stuff way too serious. Ford is full of BS for that excuse. These videos are obviously mostly for entertainment. So, if GM can release their Ring videos, there's no acceptable excuse for Ford not to release theirs, unless they're scared of being scrutinized. All that does is have guys like you relying on info from jokes like HP Kings. I like all cars, so my opinions are unbiased.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It's is possible to have a discussion without resorting to personal insults and childish comments.
Sorry I guess I missed the insults.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You can defend it like an adult, calm and collective, or like my 7 year old (kick scream, and name call)...you tend to choose the 7 year old route quite often.
Where am I being childish? Because I said the R times are not on video?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Some of you guys take this stuff way too serious. Ford is full of BS for that excuse. These videos are obviously mostly for entertainment. So, if GM can release their Ring videos, there's no acceptable excuse for Ford not to release theirs, unless they're scared of being scrutinized. All that does is have guys like you relying on info from jokes like HP Kings. I like all cars, so my opinions are unbiased.
"OR" maybe just maybe GM Uses the videos for hopeful sales? No? My whole point is that just because it has a video doesn't mean it's the actual production car. That goes for any brand of vehicle.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So I guess to sum up the thread

The ZL1 is fast.
The video proves everything yet nothing
Ford lied, but didn't lie, but did.
At the same time Ford released the GT350R times yet also didn't release the times.

Got it...no, not confusing at all...

In reality only Ford knows how fast the R lapped the Ring, and they have a policy of not revealing ring times.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
So I guess to sum up the thread

The ZL1 is fast.
The video proves everything yet nothing.
Ford lied, but didn't lie, but did.
At the same time Ford released the GT350R times yet also didn't release the times.

Got it...no, not confusing at all...

In reality only Ford knows how fast the R lapped the Ring, and they have a policy of not revealing ring times.
Video proves the car is exceptional in the right hands. Could I ever do that? Nope.
Ford technically didn't lie because they never released an actual time. Some third party site with a bad rep did. Does that mean that the car didn't run that? Who knows.
Does it really matter? Meh. I don't really think so. Car is still great and someone out there can drive it much better than I could at a track.
Sponsored