Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
We mainly have 1ss Camaros on our lots and they are sitting. It is what it is.
Huh. It's an odd world. It's hard looking at them all day. I one picked out, I just hate the roads I live on. It makes my Suburban ride rough, I would hate to see what my Camaro would be like.

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
Sorry...the Mustang was selling before "Ford started giving them away"....

:ford::ford::ford:
In my area we have a high volume dealer that has run adds for the S550 and the aluminum F150 with cash on the hood since day one of the new models off and on religiously.

OCWelch Ford usually has and sells hard to get models first and he also is known to sell big time to other dealers for the past decades.

Ford and Dodge are the same but Chevy does not play the same rebate game since coming out of bankruptcy years ago.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ford and Dodge are the same but Chevy does not play the same rebate game since coming out of bankruptcy years ago.
They don't want to play the game because gm top brass has decided they are going to make a larger profit on each vehicle they sell. If you don't believe me there is a article on gm authority about it quoting gm's CFO. That's one of the reasons the camaro is so overpriced.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
It's still price. The biggest issue are dealers ordering loaded V6's and 2SS's. We sell the 1SS and 1LT. People love the design and the driving. People hate the price.
Are you saying that you don't get many potential buyers concerned about rear seat and trunk space, visibility, weak styling upgrades, etc? Just price? Even with the discounts now available?

Memphis has alluded to difficulty in selling against the S550 styling, but without being specific. Are you sure he is not being more accurate?

Sponsored

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Are you saying that you don't get many potential buyers concerned about rear seat and trunk space, visibility, weak styling upgrades, etc? Just price? Even with the discounts now available?

Memphis has alluded to difficulty in selling against the S550 styling, but without being specific. Are you sure he is not being more accurate?
I personally don't care since status means nothing to me but I bet a lot of people think it's the same platform as it barely looks different to a non-enthusiast from the last gen.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS

Every person I have dealt with (I have only been doing this for a couple months), has only regularly complained about two things. Small trunk and price. Most people love the styling. Some are so so. And there are a few that think it's a 5th gen. Some have complained about the rear seat. But 95 percent of the people have complained mostly on the price.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I personally don't care since status means nothing to me but I bet a lot of people think it's the same platform as it barely looks different to a non-enthusiast from the last gen.
This is the case with some people that walk onto our lot. But it helps that we have used 5th and new 6th gens really close to each other. There are big differences when they're side by side.

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
They don't want to play the game because gm top brass has decided they are going to make a larger profit on each vehicle they sell. If you don't believe me there is a article on gm authority about it quoting gm's CFO. That's one of the reasons the camaro is so overpriced.
In this business where fixed costs are everything it's all about volume. They are smoking crack if they think parking pricing for a Camaro in BMW 2/3 series range is going to fly.

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
This is the case with some people that walk onto our lot. But it helps that we have used 5th and new 6th gens really close to each other. There are big differences when they're side by side.
That's awesome. Smart. Side by side the new one is definitely smaller and leaner. I like it better than the previous gen for sure.

Sponsored

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Every person I have dealt with (I have only been doing this for a couple months), has only regularly complained about two things. Small trunk and price. Most people love the styling. Some are so so. And there are a few that think it's a 5th gen. Some have complained about the rear seat. But 95 percent of the people have complained mostly on the price.
I've been doing this for awhile. The price is not necessarily the determining factor anymore.

There is a reason why the Mustang is selling that much more than the Camaro and the price game isn't going to matter much longer.

The Mustang will continue to outsell the Camaro on livability alone.

They are now close to the same price and you can overcome those objections fairly easily.

Getting people on the lot to see the Camaro is the hard part. It's why there are more Mustangs on the road because people gravitate towards them.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
So styling is 50/50. Among those who actually come to look at the Mustang. But on the other hand gets more than just that I assure you.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
That's no secret! We've known this all along!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Their have always been more mustangs sold then camaros / firebirds / challengers / cudas. It'll always be that way. GM and dodge can't change that.

Same goes for the F series trucks vs GM/GMC / ram. Ford owns the market.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

That says something when you have new 2015 camaros on the lot at the same time you have new 16 and 17's. :help:

Have amend this a local dealer had a new 15 in stock but a quick check shows it has finally sold.
Sponsored