Sponsored

'17 GT350 vs '17 Camaro SS 1LE

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
So it likely won't be quicker than the R. However, it may give a standard GT350 the fits/beat it. We shall see. That e-diff is awesome.

Still, impressive time. Seems it is just about on par with a Z51 Vette I'm guessing until we actually get some times.
Sponsored

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
So it likely won't be quicker than the R. However, it may give a standard GT350 the fits/beat it. We shall see. That e-diff is awesome.

Still, impressive time. Seems it is just about on par with a Z51 Vette I'm guessing until we actually get some times.
And I would plan on a 1LE/GT350 Track pack shootout sooner than later. GM has been pretty confident in this ever since they announced the package.

The R is on another level.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS

It will be nowhere near the r. But yes, a standard gt350 will have problems

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
And I would plan on a 1LE/GT350 Track pack shootout sooner than later. GM has been pretty confident in this ever since they announced the package.

The R is on another level.
Ya gotta figure the straights will give the GT350 the advantage. The 1LE doesn't have the gearing from that automatic to keep it closer. Whereas the 1LE apparently will take it in the turns. We'll see. The e-diff and stiffer chassis is likely the difference, and the GT350 tire advantage isn't enough. Excited for that shootout.

It will be nowhere near the r. But yes, a standard gt350 will have problems
Impressive job by Chevy for ~10k less. The upcoming Z28, if housing another LS7 type engine, will likely be another benchmark if they can keep the price in check this time.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The 1le will be comparable to the base gt350 non magnaride

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Ya gotta figure the straights will give the GT350 the advantage. The 1LE doesn't have the gearing from that automatic to keep it closer. Whereas the 1LE apparently will take it in the turns. We'll see. The e-diff and stiffer chassis is likely the difference, and the GT350 tire advantage isn't enough. Excited for that shootout.

Impressive job by Chevy for ~10k less. The upcoming Z28, if housing another LS7 type engine, will likely be another benchmark if they can keep the price in check this time.
The 1le only comes with a manual so no advantage in that. The gearing is also similar to the old gen 1le, which is track oriented and the old gen was putting down 390+ whp with that gearing, compared to regular ls3 360-370 whp.I say, lets wait and see the dyno results and trap speeds of the 1le. It may be a little behind with the hp but that torque will definitely help it on the straights.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Rumblings of around ~1:38.00. Nice job chevy. That's some serious cars it's around for only ~$45-50k.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Changed my mind? Where did I change my mind? I'm talking price.
OK. That wasn't obvious from your comment. It seemed like you were talking performance.

So you think a 1LE will be 48k? I kinda doubt it will be that high. We should know relatively soon I suppose.

Plus for 2017 there is no base GT350. They added all the TP stuff that should have been standard to begin with and now it's 56K. So that is the base model now.
Sponsored