Sponsored

17 base pp to premium with shaker project

Yurg41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 gt pp m6
I have a 17 base pp im installing a full interior dash hvac etc into from this 17 premium shaker donor car. Ill get some pics when i figure out how to upload them
Sponsored

OP
OP

Yurg41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 gt pp m6
got the seats and carpet out, next the harness from kick panels to rear

OP
OP

Yurg41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 gt pp m6
Harness and dash out of premium. Harness was brutal it runs everywhere worst was abs stuff up above axles. Dash wasn't too bad just has these weird bolts that go from outside the door hinge pillar then through these hollow reverse thread bolts that push against the pillars as you tighten the outer bolt just something i never seen before
20190509_151829.jpg
20190509_173119.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Yurg41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 gt pp m6
Harness in for the most part and enough of the dash to make sure it still runs
20190514_190135.jpg
20190514_215224.jpg

OP
OP

Yurg41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 gt pp m6
It still starts and runs. Now for all the problems and things not expected. Harness that runs up the left rear pillar has the sirius antenna connection which im going to have to cut the roof to install. Right front pillar harness runs to both visors and overhead which makes the headliner having to come all the way down. Both door harnesses are needing to be swapped for obvious reasons. More speakers and door modules to name a few and this premium had blind spot monitors which need mirrors also swapped. I only had sound from the center dash speaker. Original harnesses windows still worked somewhat and now i changed the driver door harness and have sound from the door speakers but the window doesnt work at all now, most likely bcm programming as the old window switch was a bunch of wires and now there is only 3 meaning a can signal to another module to carry out the operation.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
May I ask how much this is costing? I am curious as the complexity and looks like you have a donor car. Sweet project though. Hope all turns out as planned without issue

OP
OP

Yurg41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 gt pp m6
I got the donor car for 11k which i hope to recoup 8 to 9k from selling motor trans rear diff front brakes etc. So 2 to 3k and alot of time to swap and might have to spend a couple $ to get everything programmed correctly. Probably cheaper to just buy a premium but i buy salvage stuff to save $ and you cant pick and choose
Sponsored