Sponsored

15 GT vs 12 GT Drag Race (video)

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do realize the MPH was the same between both cars, right? It will be a drivers race, stock for stock.
Yes. And also one run? Did they just line up once and go home? This race was hardly the end all, case closed, its now carved in stone, '11 is completely supirior to the '15 and that's it.. so don't bother showing up at the track if you have one.
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Again they didn't share all the variables. Fuel octane, drive mode selected, tire pressures, etc. New motor in the '15 as well and the computer may not be letting it deliver its maximum performance at low mileage. I hope some fool thinks mine will run low 13's so I can see the look on his face when I put bus lengths on him. ;)

Murdered Out Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Well all mustangs are slow to me, I have a 10 second CBR. The 15 is a sweet ride, that drag race don't mean shit, I'd smoke em both on my bike.
If your drag racing your technically voiding your warranty anyways so just mod it and stop complaining.
Who the hell races stock cars anyways?

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Sorry it's late I didn't mean Drag Strip Racing as "F&F". I was talking about the mention of other times I've heard people complaining about "WHAT IF A CAMARO PULLS UP NEXT TO ME AT A STOP LIGHT!" or "I don't want to get embarrassed while I'm out cruising"

But I stand by being annoyed by people declaring the Car is Bad or not as fast as a S197 just because of a drag race. You can't base a car off of one event. They finally have made an all around amazing car.
thank you

jimmythepage666

zoom zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
It's not just one event though... Mag tests have the '15 slower than the outgoing model as well, I believe it was mentioned a few times. That's not going to cut it for me fellas. I bought a '15 wrx which is slower than the '14 and I knew that going into the deal. It's dumb that subaru didn't improve all performance metrics, including acceleration, and you can bet I complain about it. I feel the same way about the '15 s550. The wrx is a fun corner carver that gets decent mileage, has 4 doors, and costed ~$27k otd. If we're playing the mod game, I'm sure the $7k gap between the gt and wrx could get me pretty far. Stock performance is important, it sets the bar and modding only takes it further. I don't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time but I do enjoy racing, and on track perfomance is important too. I don't take my car to road circuits, but I still tune in for lightning lap, and other track tests because I want to see what a car can do. Stoplight drag races are fun, and I don't know about you guys but I don't like to lose. Are we even sure the gt pp will be faster than the 1le on the track?

Furthermore, if you don't care about drag racing, and handling is your main concern, maybe you should consider a brz or mx-5.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
It's not just one event though... Mag tests have the '15 slower than the outgoing model as well, I believe it was mentioned a few times. That's not going to cut it for me fellas. I bought a '15 wrx which is slower than the '14 and I knew that going into the deal. It's dumb that subaru didn't improve all performance metrics, including acceleration, and you can bet I complain about it. I feel the same way about the '15 s550. The wrx is a fun corner carver that gets decent mileage, has 4 doors, and costed ~$27k otd. If we're playing the mod game, I'm sure the $7k gap between the gt and wrx could get me pretty far. Stock performance is important, it sets the bar and modding only takes it further. I don't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time but I do enjoy racing, and on track perfomance is important too. I don't take my car to road circuits, but I still tune in for lightning lap, and other track tests because I want to see what a car can do. Stoplight drag races are fun, and I don't know about you guys but I don't like to lose. Are we even sure the gt pp will be faster than the 1le on the track?

potential > stock performance.

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes. And also one run? Did they just line up once and go home? This race was hardly the end all, case closed, its now carved in stone, '11 is completely supirior to the '15 and that's it.. so don't bother showing up at the track if you have one.
Not to mention this was a brand spanking new 15 not even broken in up against a 12 in the prime of its life.

Ponywars

Not to mention this was a brand spanking new 15 not even broken in up against a 12 in the prime of its life.
This. How has no one mentioned this? It's silly to be running a 15 with probably no more than 100 miles on it to a well broken in 12.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
The '15 wasn't hooking up at all and the mph was the same. Don't count your chickens, etc. The '15 is still the better ride.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Wait until you see 5-10k mile gt's running. That's a better metric after broken in.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
straight line performance - drivers race
road coarse - S500, no questions

1LE - We don't know yet. Just like we don't know for sure it is faster than a Boss LS other than Ford stating it is.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Furthermore, if you don't care about drag racing, and handling is your main concern, maybe you should consider a brz or mx-5.
Come on this isn't 1971...

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile

Agree..With the numbers we are seeing now it looks like a good race between this gens 1LE and the 15 GT to the 1/4. I don't even want to think about the spread between a 16 SS with an lt1 in light weight chassis and a 15 GT.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Agree..With the numbers we are seeing now it looks like a good race between this gens 1LE and the 15 GT to the 1/4. I don't even want to think about the spread between a 16 SS with an lt1 in light weight chassis and a 15 GT.
Thats what im waiting for....Im a chevy guy at heart I love mustangs tho, but I bought a 13 for now knowing the 16 camaro is coming soon...I hope its lighter and has a better interior.
Sponsored