OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Hey bro. It might just be a trick of the light but it looks like the centre bridge (between the upper and lower grills) is warping a bit? Is this the MPConcepts version and if so, do you know if that warp is a feature their entire line of stock? Thanks!
That one is the MP Concepts/ i5 autohaus version (both the same) and it is a common problem I see on all of them (go on the i5 autohause IG page and you'll see it). It's one of the reasons I went with the Ikon.
Sponsored

Tish24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Guys, thanks for all the help! You have really been great.

I'm thinking of getting the MP Concepts version. But a bit worried about the weak bottom splitter you guys mentioned. Furthermore, i was thinking of not installing the side splitters/winglets. But my question is: do you think removing the side wing splitters will further weaken the stability of the main front-bottom splitter?

Secondly, i noticed hardly anyone has their front number plates on. I know it somewhat ruins the look. Have you guys decided to leave the front plates off permanently??
Thanks!

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, thanks for all the help! You have really been great.

I'm thinking of getting the MP Concepts version. But a bit worried about the weak bottom splitter you guys mentioned. Furthermore, i was thinking of not installing the side splitters/winglets. But my question is: do you think removing the side wing splitters will further weaken the stability of the main front-bottom splitter?

Secondly, i noticed hardly anyone has their front number plates on. I know it somewhat ruins the look. Have you guys decided to leave the front plates off permanently??
Thanks!
I don't have a front plate because I'm in FL and we don't need them.

My personal opinion is both versions are flawed. Neither is perfect, however I feel that the overall better construction goes to the Ikon/777 version. The MP/i5 version has the weak lower splitter and virtually all of the ones I see have the warping on the center bar. It's also a single piece design, which is inherently weaker and makes it more difficult to get a clean paint job. The Ikon version has multiple pieces that is more like the factory GT500 bumper construction and it makes it stronger.

To answer your question about the winglets: with the Ikon version, it will absolutely weaken the whole front bumper and you will get the "shaking" that you see on cheap bumpers. The winglets really tie alot of it together. I can't fully speak to the MP version because I don't have one, but it appears that it will weaken it slightly, but probably not as much as the Ikon. However, the Ikon is already a stronger bumper to begin with, so it could be a wash with the winglets removed.

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
Hey bro. It might just be a trick of the light but it looks like the centre bridge (between the upper and lower grills) is warping a bit? Is this the MPConcepts version and if so, do you know if that warp is a feature their entire line of stock? Thanks!
So it’s not a illusion it’s a poor design by MP I wouldn’t buy this bumper again I would stick with the ikon style it’s better quality

I can fix the problem easily but I haven’t had the motivation to take the bump off again to fabricate more grill mounts to keep it level

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I've seen a lot of warped middle lips of the i5/MP concepts version on Instagram.

Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Here's an example of one of the warped lips i was talking about.

Tish24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So it’s not a illusion it’s a poor design by MP I wouldn’t buy this bumper again I would stick with the ikon style it’s better quality

I can fix the problem easily but I haven’t had the motivation to take the bump off again to fabricate more grill mounts to keep it level
Okay thanks!

Is it perhaps something that only shows up after time? From prolonged expsore to the engine heat?

Tish24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't have a front plate because I'm in FL and we don't need them.

My personal opinion is both versions are flawed. Neither is perfect, however I feel that the overall better construction goes to the Ikon/777 version. The MP/i5 version has the weak lower splitter and virtually all of the ones I see have the warping on the center bar. It's also a single piece design, which is inherently weaker and makes it more difficult to get a clean paint job. The Ikon version has multiple pieces that is more like the factory GT500 bumper construction and it makes it stronger.

To answer your question about the winglets: with the Ikon version, it will absolutely weaken the whole front bumper and you will get the "shaking" that you see on cheap bumpers. The winglets really tie alot of it together. I can't fully speak to the MP version because I don't have one, but it appears that it will weaken it slightly, but probably not as much as the Ikon. However, the Ikon is already a stronger bumper to begin with, so it could be a wash with the winglets removed.
Okay cool. I'm having such problems getting the ikon shipped here to South Africa though. But just ONE South African shop has the MP Concepts version in stock! Tough decision: i either wait what might be forever for the ikon version or just get the MP Concepts version while someone has it. Aharfjfjjbjjdtgf.

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's an example of one of the warped lips i was talking about.

Yep. That has the warped lip and the warped center bar. That would drive me insane.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550

IMHO that's pretty unacceptable, have you by any chance spoken to MP about this issue?

Tish24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here's my bumper almost ready to be installed.

20200901_183220.jpg

I have a question around the panel behind the upper grill that restricts airflow: it has one side closed and the other open, as i've highlighted in yellow. I assume the open side should be where the engine has its air intake located, right? My air-intake is on the right. Sounds like a silly question but, the body shop wants to put the closed side on the air-intake and i don't trust them! My factory bumper seems to have both sides mostly closed which is also confusing.

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's my bumper almost ready to be installed.

20200901_183220.jpg

I have a question around the panel behind the upper grill that restricts airflow: it has one side closed and the other open, as i've highlighted in yellow. I assume the open side should be where the engine has its air intake located, right? My air-intake is on the right. Sounds like a silly question but, the body shop wants to put the closed side on the air-intake and i don't trust them! My factory bumper seems to have both sides mostly closed which is also confusing.
Your body shop doesn't seem very smart lol. Yes the open side goes on the side of the intake (driver's side). The passenger side is blocked off.