Sponsored

10R80 something wrong or normal behavior?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Hi everyone,

So my 2020 GT PP1 is a blast and I really do love it.....except the interior sounds and the quirkiness of the transmission. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the following:

1. When slowing down and having the transmission downshift on its own (not via paddles), there are times from 4-2 or 3-1 it will have a “clunk” as if it’s a manual transmission. It’s very disconcerting because it feels like a very lazy shift like the gears are loose.

2. Once again, only sometimes, when slowing down the power delivery will have a 1-2 second hesitation where no amount of depressing the gas pedal will send power to the engine.

I took it once to get it checked out and the dealer just reflashed the software. It didn’t help for long.

Anyone else experience anything strange with the 10R80?

Thanks
In case you haven't looked at the "better" thread which you posted in after starting this one see my questions/comments. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ts-and-resolutions.135463/page-3#post-2889434
Sponsored

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I’m not new to “maintenance free” transmissions - but when I start hearing about brand new cars being low on fluid then I go into panic mode.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not new to “maintenance free” transmissions - but when I start hearing about brand new cars being low on fluid then I go into panic mode.
Relax, it isn't low, the fluid level is at the bottom of the stick gauge, in normal range. Making it (the 10R80) act a little funny sometimes, say up a hill or around a curve etc.

Just check it, make it NOT at the bottom of the gauge but closer to the top. Or you could PANIC sell the car, and move on to a Hyundai.

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
Relax, it isn't low, the fluid level is at the bottom of the stick gauge, in normal range. Making it (the 10R80) act a little funny sometimes, say up a hill or around a curve etc.

Just check it, make it NOT at the bottom of the gauge but closer to the top. Or you could PANIC sell the car, and move on to a Hyundai.
🤣

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....you need to get the transmission up to operating temp to get an accurate reading...
Interesting. Is there a dip-stick for the 1080Rs?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have also spoken to A10 owners having some odd issues and found out their transmission fluid was extremely low on brand new vehicles. So it's always a good idea to verify it has fluid when they act up or shift oddly. Then as some others have also mentioned a custom tune really seems to help pick up the slack on these A10 cars and we've been able to address a great deal of peoples dislikes about their car's trans behavior they had stock. We're able to eliminate the skip shift, improve shift points, firmness, decrease torque management, and more. Makes the car feel much more responsive when going to pass or merge on the freeways to eliminate that gear hunt / search feeling they have when going to suddenly down shift. Our Mycal touch tuning device also has a diagnostics and tools menu that let's you reset the adaptive memory and KAM memory as well.
I need something to smooth out my Mach 1 A10. Do you guys do a 93 octane A10 tune for 21 Mach 1 . Any HP gains?

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium, 2019 CTSV
I have also spoken to A10 owners having some odd issues and found out their transmission fluid was extremely low on brand new vehicles. So it's always a good idea to verify it has fluid when they act up or shift oddly. Then as some others have also mentioned a custom tune really seems to help pick up the slack on these A10 cars and we've been able to address a great deal of peoples dislikes about their car's trans behavior they had stock. We're able to eliminate the skip shift, improve shift points, firmness, decrease torque management, and more. Makes the car feel much more responsive when going to pass or merge on the freeways to eliminate that gear hunt / search feeling they have when going to suddenly down shift. Our Mycal touch tuning device also has a diagnostics and tools menu that let's you reset the adaptive memory and KAM memory as well.
Will your transmission tune affect the Ford power pack tune that came with the new intake? If not, then I’m interested in going that route. This transmission is great under hard acceleration but it leaves a lot to be desired with normal driving.
Sponsored