Sponsored

10r80 low rpm idle stall

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Catted Headers Roush cai lund 93 tune 10r80 recently the car sometimes tends to drop low in rpms at a red light shudders then the rpms rise back to normal. No engine codes had logs checked after headers went on tuner said it was fine. I’ll message him Tuesday but has anyone else experienced it.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
That symptom is sometimes caused by a failing Evaporative Purge Valve. Do you regularly top off the fuel tank after the nozzle automatically shuts off?

OP
OP

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That symptom is sometimes caused by a failing Evaporative Purge Valve. Do you regularly top off the fuel tank after the nozzle automatically shuts off?
I don’t but I did notice my gas gauge was fluctuating a little. Maybe my fuel pump could contribute to it?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Don't know how many miles you have on the car, but it sounds like it could be a dirty or failing throttle body.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Catted Headers Roush cai lund 93 tune 10r80 recently the car sometimes tends to drop low in rpms at a red light shudders then the rpms rise back to normal. No engine codes had logs checked after headers went on tuner said it was fine. I’ll message him Tuesday but has anyone else experienced it.
do you notice this happens frequently/noticeable after refueling?

Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Might need an idle relearn. My shelby used to do that if you rest the PCM to clear a code, disconnected the battery, etc.

OP
OP

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Don't know how many miles you have on the car, but it sounds like it could be a dirty or failing throttle body.
Yeah it might be there’s a hissing coming from the front of the car sounds like it’s from the throttle body. 30k miles on it going to take it in this week. So far it’s done it when I fill up with mobile 1 I switched to shell and it hasn’t done it yet. *knock on wood*

OP
OP

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
do you notice this happens frequently/noticeable after refueling?
It’s random I filled up was driving 80+ on the highway for about and hour got off at a red light car dropped to like 500 rpm twice other times it won’t do it. Maybe the mobile 1 by me just has shit 93
Sponsored