10.73 @ 127 with Stock Engine

OP
OP

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I think I wanna try a Lund tune, what's the going rate? I'm feeling brave since I have a USA built 2.3L.
I have a Spain Engine, seems to be tough as nails. My new engine bought from Ford is a Spain engine, I have the rods and pistons here at the shop, in my opinion, they are very stout pieces, inspecting them actually gave me a bit more confidence to let Jon push the stock engine a little harder.

Best thing you could do is wait and see where this HPFP goes. It does appear expensive I know, but you being in Sac, we have a lot of good E85 stations around. With the E85 , 26 - 27 psi of boost , timing in the engine, and Lund tuning your car, im confident you would have an 11 second street car. Again it might be close to 2k, but its gonna be worth it for us CA people, E85 is really that good !!!
Sponsored

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I have a Spain Engine, seems to be tough as nails. My new engine bought from Ford is a Spain engine, I have the rods and pistons here at the shop, in my opinion, they are very stout pieces, inspecting them actually gave me a bit more confidence to let Jon push the stock engine a little harder.

Best thing you could do is wait and see where this HPFP goes. It does appear expensive I know, but you being in Sac, we have a lot of good E85 stations around. With the E85 , 26 - 27 psi of boost , timing in the engine, and Lund tuning your car, im confident you would have an 11 second street car. Again it might be close to 2k, but its gonna be worth it for us CA people, E85 is really that good !!!
All of Jersey has 2 E85 stations that i know of. 1 all the way north and 1 all the way south... no good for me in central jersey. Dont know what im gonna do to go faster at a certain point lol

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
All of Jersey has 2 E85 stations that i know of. 1 all the way north and 1 all the way south... no good for me in central jersey. Dont know what im gonna do to go faster at a certain point lol
Simply have a 55 gallon drum of E98 shipped to your house, and mix with 87 to create perfect E85. Its honestly not much more than buying it at the pump.

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Simply have a 55 gallon drum of E98 shipped to your house, and mix with 87 to create perfect E85. Its honestly not much more than buying it at the pump.
As enticing as that sounds, this is my daily what about when I need gas and I'm not home

Sponsored

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
As enticing as that sounds, this is my daily what about when I need gas and I'm not home
Cobb allows I believe at least 3 slots maybe more for different tunes to be stored. I currently have 3 on our shop car, kill mode E85 tune, 91 tune, and fuel mileage tune. If I am close to home, I only use E85. I drive the car on long trips frequently. Once I run out of E85 simply switch to the pump gas tune in 3 seconds, and fill it up with pump. Once I am back to E85 3 seconds back to the E85 map. If someone wants to run E85, its very doable no matter where you live.

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Cobb allows I believe at least 3 slots maybe more for different tunes to be stored. I currently have 3 on our shop car, kill mode E85 tune, 91 tune, and fuel mileage tune. If I am close to home, I only use E85. I drive the car on long trips frequently. Once I run out of E85 simply switch to the pump gas tune in 3 seconds, and fill it up with pump. Once I am back to E85 3 seconds back to the E85 map. If someone wants to run E85, its very doable no matter where you live.
Oh wow. Hadn't even considered that. With that in mind, switching from 1 tune to the next, when do you put on 93 if you're running low on the e85 mixed tank? Does it matter if you fill it if it's somewhere under half or what? I'm totally newb to e85

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Oh wow. Hadn't even considered that. With that in mind, switching from 1 tune to the next, when do you put on 93 if you're running low on the e85 mixed tank? Does it matter if you fill it if it's somewhere under half or what? I'm totally newb to e85
Just run it as low as you can, very minor E85 mixes will have no effect if you are just cruising on pump gas.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
It very doable unless you live in Hawaii, Tony. Here it is at minimum ten dollars a gallon.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Yeah, you got me there. Didn't think of the Island state..:(

Sponsored

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti

Hi, If you happen to have stock rods there could you take pic of them.

All that has been posted around is either blown engine pics, which can't make out cause they gernaded or aftermarket rods.

OP
OP

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Hi, If you happen to have stock rods there could you take pic of them.

All that has been posted around is either blown engine pics, which can't make out cause they gernaded or aftermarket rods.
Car is going in on Thursday eve for the new engine. I have the original rods / pistons out of the new engine here I bought from Ford, but want to first inspect the engine parts from the engine in the car, so give me a few weeks to get it apart and ill post a picture and some results from my findings. I really wanna do some analyzing , thinking and comparing before I do any posting on this subject.

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
Car is going in on Thursday eve for the new engine. I have the original rods / pistons out of the new engine here I bought from Ford, but want to first inspect the engine parts from the engine in the car, so give me a few weeks to get it apart and ill post a picture and some results from my findings. I really wanna do some analyzing , thinking and comparing before I do any posting on this subject.
great, no rush

Be good to see a working engine stripped down.

Thanks

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
600whp car would be in the 130's. This car MIGHT be making 500rwhp or just shy of it.
I use this, Very accurate (within a few %) of a few good Dynos I checked against on my previous cars (not had the stang on the dyno or strip yet)

I use Trap speed as well because frankly I'm terrible at launching so E.T.s are embarrassingly all over the place but traps have been fairly consistent.

640 hp at the crank which means around 550ish to the wheels. on the stock motor no less! great driving too!
Sponsored