OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Or a two step launch co trntrol which allows u too build boost just while braking.
Sponsored

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
What launch technique do you use with the automatic? Neutral drop?
My previous car was an automatic and had launch control. I didn't care for the violent reaction...feared for the tranny.

As for neutral drop, negative. I like my pinion gears, driveshaft, and transmission just as they are. I bought the car for road course tracking, not drag racing. The 0-60 effort was more to try out the Track App timer.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Something must be wrong because my best is 5.3 in a gt pp. I don't get what the deal is. It feels faster than that...I guess?

I raced a few mustangs and camaro's last week and they were thinking I had a tune or something done to be running the way it was. I was thinking the app wasn't accurate because I can't get better than 5.3.

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTP PP in CO / 08 CTS / 00 C-SVT
I can't get better then 5.5 with launch control. that 2-3 shift is killing it.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
This is all really interesting -- looking at the gear ratios spreadsheet available on here somewhere, it looks like you shouldn't have to hit the limiter for a 0-60 run -- but the RPM spread is really tight... Almost like even if there's not a lot of perceptible wheel spin, the torque to the wheels still might be spinning them more than expected after launch -- like the power is just exceeding the grip. I'm very curious to see some others post here -- looks like the 3.31 or even 3.15 will give you considerably more lattitude, and you'd stand a lot better chance of getting to 60 in second -- heck -- even in my little old '99 Civic HX, I can drag second out to 65 -- almost 70 before hitting the rev limiter when I'm merging -- I'm crediting some of that to the gutless lack of torque in that little Honda... I'd read that someone took an auto GT with the 20's to the strip with dealer gas and mold release on the tires, and ran a 12.7 -- tall tires and gears. I love all the durability upgrades that come in the PP, but I'm rethinking it some now. It seems like it takes more practice to get the power down with it...

Sponsored

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
Stock GT-automatic, traction control on,
track mode selected, shifter in "s", 3,200 miles, oil changed to Royal Purple.
0-60: 4.5
â…› mile: 8.3 @ 91 mph
ÂĽ mile: 12.7 @ 114 mph
Braking 60-0: -1.1g
It was 33° F. when I got those times. I went out to an old abandoned stretch of road at 2:00 am and made a few tries on each one.

McCringleberry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack MT
I have an EcoBoost performance package and Ive seen people hitting 5.7 in snowy conditions with summer tires. I'm assuming 5.5 is doable stock.

I have yet to break into the 5s range, but one problem was for sure my clutch assist spring. After removing that (today) and becoming "one" with my transmission I shaved 0.6s off the 0-60 time while spinning tires all through 1st gear. I only ran once with the assist spring gone, and it made a heck of a difference. Best time was a lame 6.2. With some more practice Im hoping to get in that mid to high 5 second range.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
First time using it i managed a 5.1 in salt covered roads and freezing temps. I tried it again half throttling 1st and short shifting 2nd and got a 5.3. Cant wait for it to get a bit warmer and the roads to clear.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Just got another 5.1 with TC on and in sport with no launch. I am going to try launching at 1k RPM next to see if I can do any better, but there is just too much spinning.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Just got another 5.1 with TC on and in sport with no launch. I am going to try launching at 1k RPM next to see if I can do any better, but there is just too much spinning.
Hold the RPMs at about 1500-1700 and give about half throttle until 4k RPM then floor it.

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
1st time with cobb tune. stock other than tune auto ecoboost premium pp.

Sponsored