PP2 real life pictures

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Here is a rear angle shot from a Ford show we went to over the weekend. I still have some things planned but here is what I've done so far:

Ford Performance GT350 Springs
Michelin 4S tire swap. 305/30 Front & 325/30 Rear
California Pony Cars Splash Shields (Front)
Ceramic 25% Tint
Hood struts
Smoked tail lights and signal markers
Smoked fog lights
Paint protection Hood, bumper, and front quarter panels
Gloss Black Vinyl on side view mirrors
Ford Carbon Fiber shift knob
Magnetic Painted Stanginator Pony emblem
Replaced rear trunk panel due to massive scratch. This piece seems to scratch insanely easy for some reason. Even more so than on my 15'.

Coming Soon:
Lethal H-pipe resonator delete
Magnetic Painted GT emblem
GT350 stripes. Gloss black w/ white side stripe
Now, that's a nasty girl!

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
I'm going with the BS Pole Positions 295 front and 305 rear. I hope to have her in a couple weeks.
That's the same set up I was going to do.

Getting full front wrap next week. I've only driven it once since I brought it home. Trying to save the Cup 2's and paint, when it is ready I am off to the track.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
I'm going with the BS Pole Positions 295 front and 305 rear. I hope to have her in a couple weeks.
Has anyone tried the Continental ExtremeContact Sports? I've had good look with the all season predecessor (DWS?) on other cars. And they held up well in a Tire Rack comparison with Michelin PS4S and Pirelli P Zero PZ4 ("A Clash of the Titans in Max Performance Summer: The Sequel", which you can reach from the Tire Rack page for the Continentals here:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR9ECSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes)
In the comparison, the ultimate performance of the Michelin is slightly better, but the Conti is a lot less expensive so they seem to be a really good buy.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Has anyone tried the Continental ExtremeContact Sports? I've had good look with the all season predecessor (DWS?) on other cars. And they held up well in a Tire Rack comparison with Michelin PS4S and Pirelli P Zero PZ4 ("A Clash of the Titans in Max Performance Summer: The Sequel", which you can reach from the Tire Rack page for the Continentals here:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR9ECSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes)
In the comparison, the ultimate performance of the Michelin is slightly better, but the Conti is a lot less expensive so they seem to be a really good buy.
I'd say they are at least comparable to the Bridgestones and maybe even a little better in wet conditions based on Tirerack tests. They are about $20 more than the Bridgestones on Wal-Mart.com. I wanted to go 295's on the front and the Continental doesn't come in 295/30/19. Both tires seem to perform very well after the Michelins.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
I'd say they are at least comparable to the Bridgestones and maybe even a little better in wet conditions based on Tirerack tests. They are about $20 more than the Bridgestones on Wal-Mart.com. I wanted to go 295's on the front and the Continental doesn't come in 295/30/19. Both tires seem to perform very well after the Michelins.
That price is odd because the Conti is $30 cheaper than the 'Stones at Tire Rack. Overall, the Wal-Mart price for the 'Stones is $8 less than the Tire Rack price for the Contis, so it's about a wash, price-wise, for the 305s. The Contis come in a 295/35/19 if you wanted the narrower tire up front, so it might fill up the wheel well a little more like some people want to do, but you'd have to watch out for rub, since they're a wee bit (9.5mm or 3/8") taller.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
That price is odd because the Conti is $30 cheaper than the 'Stones at Tire Rack. Overall, the Wal-Mart price for the 'Stones is $8 less than the Tire Rack price for the Contis, so it's about a wash, price-wise, for the 305s. The Contis come in a 295/35/19 if you wanted the narrower tire up front, so it might fill up the wheel well a little more like some people want to do, but you'd have to watch out for rub, since they're a wee bit (9.5mm or 3/8") taller.
I plan on sticking with the 30 profile as my car will see an occasional track day (more just for fun) and some spirited driving. I actually prefer a little tire clearance look over the slammed I'm almost afraid to drive it look. I wrestled the whole tire clearance issue on my '05 GTO. I have no intentions of going back there.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I wrestled the whole tire clearance issue on my '05 GTO. I have no intentions of going back there.
I'd heard that that car placed severe limits on tire up-sizing options. Don't blame you one bit.

Norm

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'd heard that that car placed severe limits on tire up-sizing options. Don't blame you one bit.

Norm
I had the Pedders Street II w/ 1/2" drop suspension. I ran 235/265 as my normal set up which was really tight in the rear. I had some 275 dr's that required drag bags and rolled fenders to fit. It sucked when the Termies were running 315's out back (which was our primary competitor in those days).

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ashpian - love the badgeless deck lid panel. So much cleaner. Nice job.

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Ashpian - love the badgeless deck lid panel. So much cleaner. Nice job.
I wasn't actually planning to leave it like that for too long but thanks! :thumbsup:

I already have a Magnetic painted GT badge to put on but I'm waiting to put some PP film over that panel first. It scratches so easily and it drives me crazy. Even out of the box it has a few scuffs on it but am going to live with those.

OP
OP
Prokiller

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
Mine finally went into production today!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I’m very excited about this car, the only negative I see is the amount of space between the the tire and the fenders. I think the 30 profile is too low for the car and gives it an unappealing look from certain side angles. What’s the consensus on this? Does anyone else agree?
With the picture of post #484 in mind, it may only be an artifact of the available lighting and sidewall vs shoulder texture/finish. IOW, mostly an illusion.

Norm