The Top Gear effect

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
The new 2016 season of Top Gear starts next week and despite negative predictions about the new series I expect we are all waiting to see the Mustang review and we know Chris Evans has done one but we don't know when it will be aired.

We are mainly enthusiasts on here and we are well schooled on the Mustang but despite the Ford advertising campaign Top Gear could be the first occasion that the new Ford Mustang and the actual purchase price will enter the public consciousness as a car that is actually available to order in UK spec from their local ford dealer.

So if the waiting list is currently 9 to 12 months what do we think will happen to that waiting list once the review is aired on Top Gear - maybe another 6 months to add?
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The new 2016 season of Top Gear starts next week and despite negative predictions about the new series I expect we are all waiting to see the Mustang review and we know Chris Evans has done one but we don't know when it will be aired.

We are mainly enthusiasts on here and we are well schooled on the Mustang but despite the Ford advertising campaign Top Gear could be the first occasion that the new Ford Mustang and the actual purchase price will enter the public consciousness as a car that is actually available to order in UK spec from their local ford dealer.

So if the waiting list is currently 9 to 12 months what do we think will happen to that waiting list once the review is aired on Top Gear - maybe another 6 months to add?
Intersting thought mate, i have always thought there would be a sudden "boom" of interest over here and if anything is going to showcase it to the masses, it will be TG. Really eager to see how they review it...

I still think that the vast majority of people in this country dont know what it is when they see it on the roads, let alone know they can order one in RHD!

Wouldnt be surprised if Ford up the price again :ford:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
With the Ty gt appearing multiple times on the Chris Evans Top Gear adverts along side multiple super cars, I imagine it'll make a good feature for a show or so, I think tg will be a much ghreature exposure to a RHD mustang than any of the adverts ford have done so far, however, if the Mustang comes in say episode 8, and episodes 1-7 rapidly decline in viewership and retention of viewers, then, expect a lot less eyes!

I think the Mustang will have one of two effects:
Positive review - People buying.
Negative review - people not buying / cancelled orders.

There's sub effects to these as well, those that like the idea of a mustang but didn't know about UK ones, now will, and will consider it.
Those that didn't know about UK stangs and didn't have an interest may now want to get one (probably an EB).

What will it do to orders? Can it even get any slower? Lmao.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
If anything can make a Mustang look uncool it's Chris Evans... :cool:

Like we always say, sort of, if you're going to cancel your order cos some excessively privileged t*ss pot Ferarri driver tells you its "large" then you didn't really want one in the first place.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If anything can make a Mustang look uncool it's Chris Evans... :cool:

Like we always say, sort of, if you're going to cancel your order cos some excessively privileged t*ss pot Ferarri driver tells you its "large" the you didn't really want one in the first place.
Lol, well i'd rather they did cancel to be honest, Rather purists took with the car, lmao.

Techne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fallowcafe.com
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT in Guard
It's likely to be in The Grand Tour too, judging by some of the trailers, although what amazons viewership is is another question...

OP
OP
Actual

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Wild horses couldn't drag me away... but the waiting list just might. This musclebound new Mustang is everything a thoroughbred should be – if you could only get hold of one http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/eve...uldn-t-drag-away-waiting-list-just-might.html

And http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-sports-cars-2016-Audi-s-R8-Ford-Mustang.html

I'm not expecting a perfect review and there will be negatives even if unjustified or inconsequential but the above Chris Evans Ford Mustangs reviews are already in the public domain and they don't see negative to me.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Wild horses couldn't drag me away... but the waiting list just might. This musclebound new Mustang is everything a thoroughbred should be – if you could only get hold of one http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/eve...uldn-t-drag-away-waiting-list-just-might.html

And http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-sports-cars-2016-Audi-s-R8-Ford-Mustang.html

I'm not expecting a perfect review and there will be negatives even if unjustified or inconsequential but the above Chris Evans Ford Mustangs reviews are already in the public domain and they don't see negative to me.

It was a potential option, not saying that'll happen, just overview lmao :)

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
if the Mustang comes in say episode 8, and episodes 1-7 rapidly decline in viewership and retention of viewers, then, expect a lot less eyes!
There only are 6 episodes.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
They took an Ecoboost to the Highlands for an in depth review. Not sure if they did both, pretty sure someone on here stumbled upon one of the shoots.

As long as it's not so full of machoism that they dismiss the Ecoboost.

They seem to have done a lot on Mustangs what with the hooning at the Cenotaph.
Sponsored