Sponsored

"Unique Chassis Tuning" for Performance Package

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Does anybody know, or have any ideas on the details for unique chassis tuning that's part of the PP?
Sponsored

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
"Retuned springs, bushings and monotube rear dampers" is the only thing that I see that is chassis related that's not already mentioned as part of the PP. Could be a part of unique chassis tuning?? I am wondering if there are more specifics or other things to this unique chassis tuning.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's probably something as simple as the rates of the shocks and springs. They might have a softer front to rear bias to allow for more rotation. Possibly an increased amount of relative stiffness at all four corners. It could be adjusted rates for the increased chassis stiffness that results from the additional bracing.

What could be an engineering necessity to account for the different weight/stiffness can easily be listed as a feature under the guise of "unique chassis tuning."

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
I wonder if the ride height (front and/or rear) is dropped a bit with the "retuned" springs. Need to look more closely at the pics and see if any drop is detectable. Even a half inch would be nice to lower the cg and stance.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
http://www.caranddriver.com/ford/mustang. This is the only reference to ride height that I have seen, anywhere. "The ride height is slightly lower than standard". Hopefully there is some truth to it.
Sponsored