Sponsored

Looking for advice... 2018 GT or wait for 2019?

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I am in a very similar boat. I have a lease that ends in June. i was planning on ordering a convertible. Any idea on when the changes will be known?
The official order sheet supposedly goes up some time in March, leaks may (or may not) happen sooner.

The most likely changes are GT Performance Pack 2 (which I think is fastback only), more rim options, and some different/renamed colors... but these are just guesses. I held off on the 2015 and was glad I did when Sync 3 became a thing! Oh, decisions... :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, it looks like a potential 2019 GT500 leak claims that a (true) HUD is an option... wonder what the chances of that hitting the GT are? Guess I’m waiting for a 2019 order sheet :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured this was worth a bump now that the 2019 info has (mostly) dumped.

The dealership-ordered 2018 GT should arrive in the next 3-ish weeks (way later than I initially anticipated!), since it’s a dealer order I have no commitment to it... should I just wait an extra 4-ish months and put an official order in for a 2019 or grab that 2018 in the coming weeks? I know the only major change is the B&O audio system over the current Sony - do you guys think the B&O will sound noticeably better and would be worth the additional wait time? I normally lease, but was thinking of possibly just buying this time. :)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Honestly, I wouldn't hold out for a sound system. The Shaker Pro doesn't sound bad and I rarely find myself putting the volume louder than what the exhaust is anyway, when the volume is at that level there's pretty much no sound range anyways.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Figured this was worth a bump now that the 2019 info has (mostly) dumped.

The dealership-ordered 2018 GT should arrive in the next 3-ish weeks (way later than I initially anticipated!), since it’s a dealer order I have no commitment to it... should I just wait an extra 4-ish months and put an official order in for a 2019 or grab that 2018 in the coming weeks? I know the only major change is the B&O audio system over the current Sony - do you guys think the B&O will sound noticeably better and would be worth the additional wait time? I normally lease, but was thinking of possibly just buying this time. :)
I have the same dilemma. My 18 is set to arrive in 2-3 weeks and not sure if B&O is worth waiting for another 4-5 months. I'm not in a hurry and have a company car as DD. Audio quality is definitely a important factor, that's why I went with Shaker Pro when ordering the 18.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Was told again today at my dealer....whom I have done a good amount of business with, Tuesday is their last order day for 18’s, dont expect 19 order to start until June ish...delivery aug sept...and they have been spot on the last two years....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was told again today at my dealer....whom I have done a good amount of business with, ties is their last order day for 18’s, dont expect 19 order to start until June ish...delivery aug sept...and they have been spot on the last two years....
19 production starts in early June, which means order sheets go live any day now, actually. :p

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
19 production starts in early June, which means order sheets go live any day now, actually. :p
Lets see who wins.... ;). Half you guys said the 2018 order window closed March 2nd and you were alll WRONG..as usual

It was explained to me clearly ....prodcution starts = nothing to do with customer ordering.....good luck. So far eveyerhitng my folks have told me is accurate.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lets see who wins.... ;). Half you guys said the 2018 order window closed March 2nd and you were alll WRONG..as usual

It was explained to me clearly ....prodcution starts = nothing to do with customer ordering.....good luck. So far eveyerhitng my folks have told me is accurate.
Actually it was supposed to close March 12th.
And production starting has a lot to do with customer ordering... can’t produce what’s not ordered. Whoever told you that... well, don’t listen to them, ever. :shrug:

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Honestly, I wouldn't hold out for a sound system. The Shaker Pro doesn't sound bad and I rarely find myself putting the volume louder than what the exhaust is anyway, when the volume is at that level there's pretty much no sound range anyways.
I’m wondering also about the Active Exhaust in the ecoboost. That’s what holding me up. :/

ewitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP SB
LOL to the reference.

At this point I would only order if it was a '19

Would rather be selling a '19 in two or three years rather than an '18. Less of a depreciation hit, free future proofing.

Nobody looks at delivery date on model year for resale.
Sponsored