Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does anyone know the website that you can track your car while it is in transit? Thanks
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Does anyone know the website that you can track your car while it is in transit? Thanks
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16942

Mustang Buying Basics

BASICS

How do I track my car if it’s on a train? (This information has been provided from forum user HalfMoon) You need to get your rail car number (also often called an "ETTX" number) from your dealer. This can actually start with "ETTX", or it may not.

Once you have that number you can track it via the phone:

CSX:

1. Call CSX at 1 800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press 1 on your phone for location
3. When prompted for the car initials, say them and wait
4. When prompted for the 6-digit car number, say or key-in your 6 digit car number
5. When prompted for the next car, either say 'Done' or press the pound sign (#) twice

Union Pacific:
1. Call UP at 1 800-877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the rail car number completely and clearly. Example CNA704103 all together
4. Listen for your update

Only one may track your rail car or both from what I have read. In HalfMoon’s car both were updated and gave slightly different information at different parts of the journey so he used both.

How do track my car if it’s on a semi? As far as I know the only way to do this would be to contact the dealer (Rachel may or may not have this information). If you have any information to add please reply to this thread and contribute.

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you guys ordered cars with the Performance package do you think that could be the hold up? I've owned Corvette's for years, and the plant will put constraints on certain package's because of availability. They will allow only a certain percentage of cars to be built with that package. But, GM will notify their dealers concerning these restraints so the customer can make the decision to keep the package, or not. I have no idea if Ford does the same thing. One thing for is if Ford does that they surely don't tell anyone.
My order is for a PP1, so it is possible, and I’m thinking you may be correct. I originally planned to order the PP2, but settled on the PP1 for a few reasons. While discussing the options with my salesman, the manager/vehicle order guy stopped by to introduce himself. I was interested in how long it would take for delivery and they started talking about an issue with wheel availability for one of the power packages. Unfortunately I’m not sure which wheel they were referring to.

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Probably referring to the Michelin Pilot Sport cup 2's that come on PP2. They crack at freezing temps.
Your point is a good one. When my salesman told me he wouldn’t drive with those tires unless it was 60 degrees, it was a big reason I chose the PP1. I was under the impression they were talking about trouble getting the wheels, rather than the tires. But who really knows?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I found the following update over on blueoval. Still not exactly sure what this entails, but may be good news for those wanting a '19 and maybe not so good news for us late '18 orders. I'm still going to call my order guy later this morning and see if he can clarify things.

"Before anyone asks... The 2019MY Mustang USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) os open but Ford has not yet released the Order Guide. I'll upload the order guide as soon as it's available.

Per the Detroit Free Press, 2019MY will see the return of the California Special.
https://www.freep.co...-add/411494002/

New colors for 2019MY include Need for Green & Velocity Blue. Other than the Bullitt and CS models, everything else appears to be carryover."

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Your point is a good one. When my salesman told me he wouldn’t drive with those tires unless it was 60 degrees, it was a big reason I chose the PP1. I was under the impression they were talking about trouble getting the wheels, rather than the tires. But who really knows?
This is really Bull S*** I went round and round with my Dealership trying to order the wheels I wanted with my 2018 (64L-647) and that was July 17, 2017.
I was told they would not be available until December 2017. So I chose (648) to keep the tire size at 19 inches. My car was delivered on January 15, 2018 and the wheels were still not available. And now the 2019's are up for orders. FORD GET A GRIP If you show a part in your order bank then have them available for the consumer. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is really Bull S*** I went round and round with my Dealership trying to order the wheels I wanted with my 2018 (64L-647) and that was July 17, 2017.
I was told they would not be available until December 2017. So I chose (648) to keep the tire size at 19 inches. My car was delivered on January 15, 2018 and the wheels were still not available. And now the 2019's are up for orders. FORD GET A GRIP If you show a part in your order bank then have them available for the consumer. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
I just received an update through my salesman, and I'm not happy about it. I basically told him that it's bad business for Ford to not let people know what is going on with our orders, and he agreed. This is what I was told: "This is all due to a wheel supplier restraint." And that according to their last conversation with their Ford representative, "nonperformance packs were to be built 4/30 and anything with PP was to be built AFTER 5/28." :frusty:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Well, in checking with the order guy at my dealer, he told me that they are still taking 2018 orders. He actually has a couple more he is submitting today (apparently they are submitted on Wednesday and accepted on Thursday). He still has allocation for 2018's and is not aware of any restraints on 2018 orders at this time. He also said he thought they were going to be taking orders for 2019's on or about 3/22, but that would only be for bullitt orders. He wasn't sure when orders would be taken for non bullitt 2019's.

So here we have yet a different story on the Ford Mustang ordering saga. It almost makes me want to just say the heck with it and go see just how low they'd go on the '18 SS 1LE that I test drove since Ford can't seem to get me anything close to what I want. However, I think I'll just take a valium and check on my order in a couple weeks. I have to say Ford has some room for improvement in their communication and their ordering and scheduling process.

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, in checking with the order guy at my dealer, he told me that they are still taking 2018 orders. He actually has a couple more he is submitting today (apparently they are submitted on Wednesday and accepted on Thursday). He still has allocation for 2018's and is not aware of any restraints on 2018 orders at this time. He also said he thought they were going to be taking orders for 2019's on or about 3/22, but that would only be for bullitt orders. He wasn't sure when orders would be taken for non bullitt 2019's.

So here we have yet a different story on the Ford Mystang ordering saga. It almost makes me want to just say the heck with it and go see just how low they'd go on the '18 SS 1LE that I test drove since Ford can't seem to get me anything close to what I want. However, I think I'll just take a valium and check on my order in a couple weeks. I have to say Ford has some room for improvement in their communication and their ordering and scheduling process.
I was looking at an '18 SS2 this morning. Ford is doing everything they can to make me buy something else.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I just received an update through my salesman, and I'm not happy about it. I basically told him that it's bad business for Ford to not let people know what is going on with our orders, and he agreed. This is what I was told: "This is all due to a wheel supplier restraint." And that according to their last conversation with their Ford representative, "nonperformance packs were to be built 4/30 and anything with PP was to be built AFTER 5/28." :frusty:
Was that specific to PP2?

Sponsored

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was that specific to PP2?
I quoted him word for word. "Anything with a PP" were his words, in an email. He also stated that an Expedition he ordered around Christmas still hasn't arrived, and he's not sure they even got a VIN yet. Sounded like a similar wheel restraint issue.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I quoted him word for word. "Anything with a PP" were his words, in an email. He also stated that an Expedition he ordered around Christmas still hasn't arrived, and he's not sure they even got a VIN yet. Sounded like a similar wheel restraint issue.
Amazing! I think it's becoming pretty obvious that no one has a clue, particularly those at the top making the decisions.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Any one ask on the Ford Performance Chat yet about the possibility of a wheel back order?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Any one ask on the Ford Performance Chat yet about the possibility of a wheel back order?
I haven't. Honestly, at this point I'm getting tired of dicking with it. I'll give them a couple more weeks to get this all figured out. If not, there are other decent options.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I feel like the wheel "back order" excuse is the same as the magnaride "allotment" excuse, false. There must be some other reason that they are having production issues but they just wont say the real reason.
Sponsored