SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Considering the wires you spliced for the GPS - are you sure you spliced into one of the gray wires and not the black/gray one? I started to do that because the gray wires looked white in the light I was using, and second, it was tired and I was getting late.... I'm glad I stopped to re-read the directions and diagram.
I am going to go back and double check that today when I get home from work. But, I'am pretty sure I spliced into the grey wire.

But I thought that.. I am not completely sure what the wires from the GPSM module control with the Sync 3? I even thought that after the fact, did I have them reversed in the APIM harness and could that have cause a reversed readout on the compass. But not sure what they control and the function to be honest. But me thinking, they must have something to do with positioning seeing that both wires are coming from the GPSM module, but really I am unsure.. lol

I will say when I went to splice the VT wire with my wire cutters, I ended up cutting the wire in half. But I just connected them back along with soldering a new wire in to run to APIM harness.The Grey wire I was able to just pull the wire insulation back and solder a wire on with no problem.

I have no attention of going back to the stock base radio. So I guess I could cut the harness off or de-pin the connector and solder in a wire too both pin 2 and pin 3 on the harness. As long as I make sure that both (two wires per pin) VT and GY wires stay connected so they don't break the chain.

I guess pin 1 and 6 I could just pull and tape up. They both look to be positive and ground.
Screenshot_20180213-090652-1480x720.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Alright, I believe I got it all installed and running.

Now I just need to do the programming with Forscan.

Everything seems to be working correctly, I obviously still have the Lincoln splash screen until I can change the theme. All the FMIC buttons seem to work expect the Mode button and hazard toggle. The hazard toggle requires up to turn on and then back down and up and back down to turn off.

What is the inbuiltdata for the Ford GT Theme? Or is it possible?

Find a car that matches your options as closely as possible and set all of your APIM as-built to match that car: http://media.4rev4.com/s550-as-built-library/

Changes to your base ACM, fix your hazard toggle, enable drive mode toggle, and optionally play with GT splash or theme:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811217&postcount=1300

Fix your FCIM (bezel) settings to avoid DTCs:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2143238&postcount=698

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Alright..

Pulled the APIM out today, checked the harness, verified the pins and everything is wired correctly.

I went back and took apart the GPSM connector and rewired the wires, soldered them, heat shrink and wrapped it in tesa tape.

So let's see if this works...

Nope, still goes backwards... lol.

All that is left to do is swap the GPS antenna, tomorrow.

Couldn't work on the programming today, Laptop didn't get delivered via UPS. Was signature requires and nobody was home to sign for it.. boo
20180213_155655-1209x1612.jpg
20180213_155748-1209x1612.jpg
20180213_160405-1209x1612.jpg

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I don't know how these antennas work, but it's not a magnetic compass is it? Because the orientation would matter if it was.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I don't know how these antennas work, but it's not a magnetic compass is it? Because the orientation would matter if it was.
Not sure.. wouldn't think so.

The GPS antenna has a built in magnet in the base to allow it to mount to metal objects already.

Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Here's the FCIM you need to keep codes from popping up:
7A7-01-01 Xxxx xxxx xxxx 0=Gas Engine
7A7-01-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx 0=North America
7A7-01-01 xx6x xxxx xxxx A=Center stack display This removes common DTCs related to solar sensors & RH HVAC Door Damper position (Which don't exist in base cars)
7A7-01-01 xxxx Xxxx xxxx 0=No Climate Controlled Seats
7A7-01-01 xxxx xXxx xxxx 0=No Autostart

7A7-01-02 xxxX xxxx xxxx 0=No Heated Steering Wheel
7A7-01-02 xxxx xxXx xxxx 0=No Heated Mirror

7A7-01-03 Xxxx xxxx xxxx 0=No Front Left Side Discharge Sensor
7A7-01-03 xXxx xxxx xxxx 0=No Front Right Side Discharge Sensor
7A7-01-03 xxxx XXxx xxxx These are related to the heated seat temperature Hi, Med, Lo Settings and should be left as is
7A7-01-03 xXxx xxXX xxxx These are related to the heated seat temperature Hi, Med, Lo Settings and should be left as is
7A7-01-03 xxxx xxxx XXxx These are related to the heated seat temperature Hi, Med, Lo Settings and should be left as is

7A7-01-04 xx No change needed

7A7-02-01 XXXX XXXX XX This is your VIN number, or should be. If you bought a new bezel it will be gibberish. Leave it alone.
7A7-02-02 XXXX XXXX XX
7A7-02-03 XXXX XXXX XX
7A7-02-04 XXXX XXXX XX

7A7-01-01 xx6x xxxx xxxx A=Center stack display This removes common DTCs related to solar sensors & RH HVAC Door Damper position (Which don't exist in base cars)..

Does xx6x get replace with A.. was that 6 supposed to be "X"

Will post a screen shot of my data here shortly of the FMIC, want to make sure it is right.

The navigation is still running backwards, even with the new GPS antenna all the inbuilt data changed.
Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Wondered if this line and data might make a difference for the backwards issue:

7D0-03-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx GPS Mount Type: 0=Roof Mount, 1=IP Mount (no heated windshield), 2=IP Mount (heated windshield), 3=Windshield (non-heated), 4=Windshield (heated)

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Alright..

Pulled the APIM out today, checked the harness, verified the pins and everything is wired correctly.

I went back and took apart the GPSM connector and rewired the wires, soldered them, heat shrink and wrapped it in tesa tape.

So let's see if this works...

Nope, still goes backwards... lol.

All that is left to do is swap the GPS antenna, tomorrow.

Couldn't work on the programming today, Laptop didn't get delivered via UPS. Was signature requires and nobody was home to sign for it.. boo
I bought this one from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0107LPEWK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A64JRSYTRERAS

When I mounted it, right where the OEM one was, I made sure that the cable end was toward forward, toward the windshield, and it worked flawlessly.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
also getting some DTC..
Did you see my earlier post about all of the as-built you needed to change? One of the three links was to a post by [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] about changes needed in the FCIM to eliminate DTCs.

Sponsored

Michael J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base EB; PP; Power Pack; Magnetic;

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's the same one the link on page 1 sends you to. I got it and it's worked fine from the start. FWIW, I mounted mine with the cable at 6 o'clock, so I guess it doesn't matter.
I guess not! :thumbsup:

I never thought to try it the other way. I did it because the 4DTech video showed it that way and so I followed suit. It worked so I left it that way!

coolemoff1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Was there ever a video made on this method of install
Many pages to sort through lots of info here

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Every time I try and get something done on 6g my real job steps in and has other ideas.

7A7-01-01 xx6x xxxx xxxx A=Center stack display

Does xx6x get replace with A.. was that 6 supposed to be "X"
Replace 6 (or whatever is there) with A.

As of now I haven't figured out the APIM DTC for the DADC missing however I am going to get with [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] about an idea I have played around with. Will post back

GPS reading backwards deal... may need to be calibrated. My owners manual is in my car 100 miles away. Need to check and see if the procedure for GPS calibration is in there. If it's like other Fords you drive in a circle under 5 MPH for a few minutes.

And finally this little bad boy passed OE level thermal cycle testing and is now in my hands:

5_A3_AB334_57_CE47_F2_BEBB_784_F2_AEF05_A0.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.