Sponsored

Why the V6 is the Best Choice

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
I've taken a lot of well, grief is the only way I can put it, for being indecisive particularly as concerns the eB and V6, though the V8 is in there too. The V6 is the best alternative when one gives profound thought to the question. I don't say this lightly.

I had driven several examples of everything but only one V6. Today I happened to test drive a V6 automatic convertible and it was great. It has the full sense of the Mustang. The great hood, IRS and everything. You don't give anything up, even with the automatic, the extra weight of the convertible or the standard ratio. So #1, you don't give anything up.

I drove the eB quite a bit over the last several weeks. It works best with an automatic because of the late torque come on and early fall off. It works better when the trans keeps it in the power bad. But I want a manual transmission because they're more involving for me. Others might have different priorities.

A lot of people think they're going to be drag racing all the time. That's just not what it is for me, and it shouldn't be for most other people either. If you have to start getting toons well, it just isn't me, that's all. And candidly, some of the folks over in the eB section aren't just like me, either.

I just like the reg'lar. That V6 w/ or wo/ 3.55 really scoots - i got the 3.55 and I'm glad, but that base is a great buy - it does so from the standing stop, like at a light or in traffic where real world driving takes place. You don't have to spool up a 4 banger and shift before it runs out of steam, boost or not, or worry if you've got the right car toon, and you have to negotiate a tidal wave of torque at the intersection of Washington and Grand. And it does so .25 / gallon cheaper.

The way the price works out, and the way the packages are set up, the best idea in the eB is the base w/wheels. But then you're competing against everyone else who can afford the premium and the PP and the navigation and the 50th and unless you spend $32K, you have the cheap one, without the axle or wheels. Who wants the dog? I'm all about that base. No trouble.

I prefer the linearity of the 6, the cost (big time against the 8. I mean, I like an 8 too, but you can't use it. If you want to go faster in the 6, just push it, push it real good.

You'll go very fast very quick. The gas, the simplicity, the do it all now, the sound, the cost. And you give nothing up and the people are nicer.

There's more, too.
Sponsored

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Not to mention it's made in the us of a!

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
You'll go very fast very quick. The gas, the simplicity, the do it all now, the sound, the cost. And you give nothing up and the people are nicer.
Yessir

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
I think if the v6 came in a premium I would have gone with that for many reasons you mentioned. In reality, the v6 doesn't give you much for a mid 20s price point and the car is just hard to justify for over 40k even with the 5.0. The premium eb @30k gives the best bang for buck imo. No regrets for going premium!

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I think if the v6 came in a premium I would have gone with that for many reasons you mentioned. In reality, the v6 doesn't give you much for a mid 20s price point and the car is just hard to justify for over 40k even with the 5.0. The premium eb @30k gives the best bang for buck imo. No regrets for going premium!
It gives you quite a bit with the 051A Package. Still not a performance package but not bad for under 30k. I can think of quite a few cars the same price or more for less performance and about the same mpg.

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Title is misleading lol what he should have said was "Why the V6 is the best choice for me"

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I've taken a lot of well, grief is the only way I can put it, for being indecisive particularly as concerns the eB and V6, though the V8 is in there too. The V6 is the best alternative when one gives profound thought to the question. I don't say this lightly.

...It has the full sense of the Mustang. The great hood, IRS and everything. You don't give anything up, even with the automatic, the extra weight of the convertible or the standard ratio. So #1, you don't give anything up.

Yeah...you lost me right here!

However, I'm happy that you were able to justify your purchase with this thread! Hahaha! :clap2: :cheers::lol:

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Title is misleading lol what he should have said was "Why the V6 is the best choice for me"
Yeah. But it's funny I knew some people would get offended.

We all know the the GT is the best option. :p

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Coming from driving a V6 for the past 10 years, i put up with the grief from the V8 guys. it was the car for me at the time. the V6 is a great engine.

just, this time around, the V8 was the right option for me. and now that i am a V8 guy, i will never give anyone grief for choosing the V6 or the EB.

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang v6 3.55 diff
So let me get this right... 25,000 for a 300 hp car with 280 tq fully loaded for 25000 that is 3.55 rear diff, back up camera, top model for that model is a bad deal I mean wrx which comes with no options 265 hp base model and I mean base shit is 25,500 mazdaspeed 3 263hp 280 tq fully loaded is 27k and the ecoboost which in my opinion for 310hp and 320 tq which is about useless because you powerband takes a minute to start and dies 3000 rpm later for 31000 ? Buy a tuner for the v6 at $400 and then you have 320hp 310tq hmm I like the 4banger turbo's but don't compare apples to oranges if that makes any sense.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
In reality, the v6 doesn't give you much for a mid 20s price point and the car is just hard to justify for over 40k even with the 5.0. The premium eb @30k gives the best bang for buck imo.

Dude, that's crazy. If you look you can find the loaded V6s for low 20s and you've got a 300hp tank of a motor, HIDs, Bluetooth, backup camera, and a pretty damn nice interior with grippy seats. Where the hell else are you going to find that?

When you start dipping into the $30,000 range with the eco-boost it makes less and less sense to get one to me, and you should just start looking for a base GT at a good price. The performance package on the other hand is where it's at. Ford can keep the $4000 premium packages, it's a tough argument for 'good value'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
So let me get this right... 25,000 for a 300 hp car with 280 tq fully loaded for 25000 that is 3.55 rear diff, back up camera, top model for that model is a bad deal I mean wrx which comes with no options 265 hp base model and I mean base shit is 25,500 mazdaspeed 3 263hp 280 tq fully loaded is 27k and the ecoboost which in my opinion for 310hp and 320 tq which is about useless because you powerband takes a minute to start and dies 3000 rpm later for 31000 ? Buy a tuner for the v6 at $400 and then you have 320hp 310tq hmm I like the 4banger turbo's but don't compare apples to oranges if that makes any sense.
Which tune and where are the numbers from?

V6 owner here :)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I never understand these threads in trying to justify an engine choice to oneself. Or a car, make and model.

No different in how one person picks/chooses their significant other. I like a fit female, with nice boobs, firms legs and butt. Someone that is smart and highly educated. Brunette over blond. Classy look but can wear jeans and Tshirts for when we hit up a county music concert. A bit of a high maintenance female as I am a bit high maintenance myself. Meaning, I buy nice things. Spend more money and these nice things last a long, long time. My point is, I don't post stuff like this to justify or quantify my choices. I don't care what others think of my choices. I earn my money, spend it how I see fit.

You like a V6 engine? Great buy it. Who cares what others think. Spend your money and screw what others think.

I like v8's and Mustangs with V8's. Hell, I am a dyed in the wool Ford guy. Never worked for Ford or any of my family but I am loyal to them. 95% of my vehicle purchases over the last 28 years are all Ford. Some people say that is stupid and you are limiting yourself. I disagree :)
Sponsored