Sponsored

Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Kim and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3 soon. Kim will be your primary IVT rep, but I'll also jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. :)

Rebecca
Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Cool beans.

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
When sync 3 debuts, will we be able to use google maps from our iPhone if we prefer it over Apples navigation?

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Kim and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3 soon. Kim will be your primary IVT rep, but I'll also jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. :)

Rebecca
Finally! I know that Nikki is trying to help me on how to enable the "standard" available speed warning in the "here MAPS" offered for free on Google and Apple stores. My MFT has no map futures at all, normally on the free APPS standard. NIKKI did send me a message saying that has to be made available at the dealership. No idea why futures not getting offered right away when customers pay $800 for a system.

If FORD is selling cars international, they should make sure that speed warnings are available for every country and there laws.

The MyKey futures are useless for international buyers only allowing 3 speed warnings and only for USA limits. :crazy: And I do not like to use MyKey as a substitute for non existing map futures what every other car manufacturer has on their maps free of charge as a standard.

But nice that you guys are here too.

h65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2015 GT Premium (CO)
Kim, Rebecca - thank you for joining the forum. I appreciate the support.

:ford:

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Hey everyone!

Rebecca
Sync3
Will it default back to bluetooth audio upon startup if you were listening to that when you turned it off? (should be yes, but its Ford so who knows?)
Nav built in instead of separate option?
How frequently do you anticipate software updates coming out?
Any chance of seeing built-in wireless phone charging at some point?

Thank you for whatever info you are allowed to give out.

Sponsored

Jason_W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Auto - Magnetic
We have a base v6 and it seems like we need to always "re-discover" the pandora app. It would seem like that once it is logged as a new app it should always be there. Any suggestions on this?

TIA!

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That is awesome! Thanks to you two and to FORD!
Kim, Rebecca - thank you for joining the forum. I appreciate the support.

:ford:
We're excited to be here! :D

When sync 3 debuts, will we be able to use google maps from our iPhone if we prefer it over Apples navigation?
Any chance of a hardware retrofit for Sync3 into the '15s?
I'd really like to know this as well.
Me three.
Sync3
Will it default back to bluetooth audio upon startup if you were listening to that when you turned it off? (should be yes, but its Ford so who knows?)
Nav built in instead of separate option?
How frequently do you anticipate software updates coming out?
Any chance of seeing built-in wireless phone charging at some point?

Thank you for whatever info you are allowed to give out.
Hello imjuslazy, stoli, spicyypenguin, xris, and ilkhan.

I'm happy to see that everyone is getting excited for SYNC 3. You'll find some information about the new system posted here: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/ but many specific details haven't been released quite yet. I am able to confirm that SYNC 3 will not be offered as an aftermarket option for current owners.

Finally! I know that Nikki is trying to help me on how to enable the "standard" available speed warning in the "here MAPS" offered for free on Google and Apple stores. My MFT has no map futures at all, normally on the free APPS standard. NIKKI did send me a message saying that has to be made available at the dealership. No idea why futures not getting offered right away when customers pay $800 for a system.

If FORD is selling cars international, they should make sure that speed warnings are available for every country and there laws.

The MyKey futures are useless for international buyers only allowing 3 speed warnings and only for USA limits. :crazy: And I do not like to use MyKey as a substitute for non existing map futures what every other car manufacturer has on their maps free of charge as a standard.

But nice that you guys are here too.
Hey Papaya,

Navigation updates are not required, but they are available from a company named HERE. If you're ever interested in updating, you can visit their website at: www.navigation.com and enter your vehicle's information to see what is available for your Mustang.

We have a base v6 and it seems like we need to always "re-discover" the pandora app. It would seem like that once it is logged as a new app it should always be there. Any suggestions on this?

TIA!
Hi Jason_W,

First things first. Have you already logged into your account at: http://owner.ford.com/ and checked to see if any software updates are available? If you have, please let me know which phone is being connected to SYNC.

Kim

Jason_W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Auto - Magnetic
Kim,

I didn't even realize that site existed. I created an account and added our cell numbers. We are usibg a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and seem to have the same issue on both phones. I made sure that both have the most current version of Pandora downloaded and installed...

nuttinbutagstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Welcome Kim & Rebecca.
I have a question. Will the SYNC 2 system receive additional updates? Specifically, will there be speed improvements to the USB area of the Entertainment system. Browsing my iPhone 6 for music takes literally a minute from pressing Browse to delivery of the next menu.

Thank you!

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Great to have you on the forum!

I have a question. Will there be an update that will allow an AppLink type control for playing Pandora and other smart phone apps with the current Sync system? Or will '15 buyers be SOL?

Thank you for joining us! :ford:
Sponsored