Sponsored

Convertible exhaust?

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Durango R/T, 2010 H-D CVO FLSTSE
Chevpwr,

Any news from Magnaflow on their catback solution for the convertible? This is the one that is at the top of my list right now. Also do you know if thy offer it with the h-pipe in addtion to the x?

Thanks,

Mike

I have been talking with Magnaflow, they are "re-tooling" their kits to fit both coupe and vert.
They are going to be keeping the same part#'s.
They were anticipating it being available the middle of this month.
I'll let you when I hear from them.
Sponsored

Chevpwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 Vert
I just got off the phone with David from Magnaflow. He said that they are ready to start production as soon as they sell what they have in stock (because they are going to use the same part numbers). If you go to their website it says that they currently have 63 of the street cat-back so when they are all gone they will start production on the new "re-tooled" ones that will fit both the coupe and convertible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I just got off the phone with David from Magnaflow. He said that they are ready to start production as soon as they sell what they have in stock (because they are going to use the same part numbers). If you go to their website it says that they currently have 63 of the street axle back so when they are all gone they will start production on the new "re-tooled" ones that will fit both the coupe and convertible.
That for the axle-back only or both axle-back and cat-back?

Chevpwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 Vert
That for the axle-back only or both axle-back and cat-back?
Sorry I mis-typed, I meant cat-back. I fixed it in the previous post. :doh:
David said that the axle-back will fit both, but they are only making the competion, because with the resonator the street didn't sound that much louder that stock.

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Now I'm pissed. The FRPP touring exhaust does not fit the GT convertible, the braces in the rear get in the way.

I'm going to contact the place I bought it from and see if they'll take it back.

I'm out of pocket from my Ford service dept for labor to remove the stock exhaust, put on the Ford brand cat back to find it doesn't fit, then put the stock exhaust back on?

How would I make a claim, call Ford Corporate?

Sponsored

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I chatted with a Ford Racing rep today and they said their cat-back systems do indeed fit on the convertibles. I wouldn't believe them 100% until I've seen that someone in real life has tried it, though :cheers:
doesn't fit

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Now I'm pissed. The FRPP touring exhaust does not fit the GT convertible, the braces in the rear get in the way.

I'm going to contact the place I bought it from and see if they'll take it back.

I'm out of pocket from my Ford service dept for labor to remove the stock exhaust, put on the Ford brand cat back to find it doesn't fit, then put the stock exhaust back on?

That sucks! :doh: But, since you got it done at a Ford dealer, they shouldn't be charging you for the labor since it was a Ford part they were putting on. It should be up to them to complain to Ford and not your responsibility. Maybe I'm wrong since it sounds like you bought it from somewhere else, but still, I'd call FRPP if I were you and see what they can do for you. Also, they should start noting that it won't fit convertibles if they really don't fit, but I was under the impression that there was at least one member on the forum who got it to fit on their vert...not sure though.

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
It's an easy fix... I've had the same issue with borla S-Type.

Here is what's needed... They need to put spacers to the braces...
image.jpg

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand why my images are upside down...

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
Can you see the brace now from behind?

I had a similar setup with my SW exhaust and it looked terrible. People actually told me that there's 'something wrong' underneath my Stang.

That the Ford one doesn't fit stinks. I called them up and asked exact that question and was told it does fit. Now I'm really glad I went with the Roush axlebacks ....

It's an easy fix... I've had the same issue with borla S-Type.

Here is what's needed... They need to put spacers to the braces...

Sponsored

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
No you have to be lying down on the ground to see it

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible

did the chat room for help on the FRPP, they're going to contact Borla to get the new pipes sent out and I'll have to take Breeze back in after that.

Have to work out the billing for the additional labor to have it put back on with the new pipes.

Hopefully FRPP//Borla will make this right and work out the billing for the labor for the reinstall. I had to have the stock exhaust put back on so I could get my car back.

arrrrrrrrghhhh.

Chevpwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 Vert

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Borla is listing some of their exhausts as fitting "2015 Mustang GT/GT Convertible 5.0L" now, example

http://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140590.html

which means they're probably aware and have pipes that fit convertibles all ready to go.

Contacted Borla yesterday via their webpage, so hoping for a response on if they'll cover one of the two installations of the exhaust.

I thought out all possible options: returning the exhaust, using just the x pipe and mufflers on the stock mid pipes, etc, all would result in being at a loss of out of pocket for a failed installation, only getting refunded for the failed installation or having them pick up the tab for the second installation attempt would make me whole

sistrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Convertible
Sorry for your trouble with Breeze! I'm trying to achieve the same goal as you. I was told the same by Ford only to find out theirs doesn't fit based on multiple calls to installers.

Is this Borla link part number the same system as Ford's without the FR stamp and price tag? Please let us convertible owners know if it truly is a straight fit without modification. I hope your made whole on your money.
Sponsored