Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
So what’s the cons of running the mmr lockout?
Sponsored

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
So what’s the cons of running the mmr lockout?
Supposedly a loss of torque at the bottom end (like, less than 2100 rpm) and worse fuel economy. I can't say I've lost any noticeable torque per the butt-dyno so far.

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
Mine just arrived from Koon’s with no damage. Made the UPS guy watch me open and inspect it. They had paper, a little bit of small bubble wrap and a big foam piece on top. One side of the box is actually torn open from top to bottom. Another foam piece on the bottom would have been nice. Honestly don’t know how it arrived damage free.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly a loss of torque at the bottom end (like, less than 2100 rpm) and worse fuel economy. I can't say I've lost any noticeable torque per the butt-dyno so far.
Where did you get your lockout kit? I have pp car so low end dosnt seem to be a problem.

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
If it is the wiring let us know if it's a different way that was specified so others don't have the same issue best of luck.
Will do. I'm working through it and will report back with findings.

Really appreciating your info on the imrc and plumbing/wiring. It’s what I ultimately want to run, but got impatient.
I hear ya.

Thanks for pioneering this install for everyone. Your info is helpful and confusing at the same time. Can you give me some clarity on your issues?

So you wired in the factory 15-17 pigtails to IMRC actuators, correct?
This is where I’m confused, I guess there are IMRC sensors as well? These sensors are giving you trouble? Is this the issue where people are saying that there are two plugs on the harness but only one sensor on the 18’ manifold? Shouldn’t your tuner be able to work around the cel issue? Who’s your tuner? So if you have answerd some of these questions already. Thanks for the help
Yes, I wired in the 18 pigtails. I believe that they're wired in correctly and not the problem.

The other 2 plugs are for the 2 solenoids on the 15-17 manifold that control the vacuum to the actuators. The 18 manifold only has 1 of these (that looks the same as one of the solenoids off the 15-17) but the vacuum lines that run off it run to both actuators.

The whole point of what I'm doing is to keep the IMRCs functional and not throw CELs with a stock, or FRPP tune. Tuning out the IMRCs and locking them out is certainly an option, just not for what I'm doing.

All that being said here's where I'm currently at:

My latest setup is still throwing codes (forget which ones this time, but I'm generally been dealing with P2005/P2006/P2008/P2012 codes related to the IMRCs, but I'm not sure why. The vaccum lines are routed the same way as a stock with 2 solenoids plugged in.

I pulled the manifold off last night before I went to bed. My plan is to bust out my multimeter tonight for some testing on the solenoids to make sure the 18 & 15-17 units are the same/doing the same things.

If I can't figure out how to get the current setup to work I have another idea that I want to try too.

There is a way to make it work! :headbang:

Sponsored

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang

I hear ya.

Yes, I wired in the 18 pigtails. I believe that they're wired in correctly and not the problem.
Thanks for being one of the pioneers on this install. The wiring is the issue I'm concerned about. What diagram or video did you use to do the wiring. Any help you can provide will help the rest of us greatly. Thanks in advance.

The other 2 plugs are for the 2 solenoids on the 15-17 manifold that control the vacuum to the actuators. The 18 manifold only has 1 of these (that looks the same as one of the solenoids off the 15-17) but the vacuum lines that run off it run to both actuators.

The whole point of what I'm doing is to keep the IMRCs functional and not throw CELs with a stock, or FRPP tune. Tuning out the IMRCs and locking them out is certainly an option, just not for what I'm doing.

My latest setup is still throwing codes (forget which ones this time, but I'm generally been dealing with P2005/P2006/P2008/P2012 codes related to the IMRCs, but I'm not sure why. The vaccum lines are routed the same way as a stock with 2 solenoids plugged in.

I pulled the manifold off last night before I went to bed. My plan is to bust out my multimeter tonight for some testing on the solenoids to make sure the 18 & 15-17 units are the same/doing the same things.

If I can't figure out how to get the current setup to work I have another idea that I want to try too.

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks for being one of the pioneers on this install. The wiring is the issue I'm concerned about. What diagram or video did you use to do the wiring. Any help you can provide will help the rest of us greatly. Thanks in advance.
Sure thing.

So far it seems that the previous wiring diagram for the pigtails in this thread seems to work.

What needs to be done with the IMRC solenoids is still up on the air.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0

I hear ya.

With the imr in the open position did it affect the cars drivability any?

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
With the imr in the open position did it affect the cars drivability any?
Tough to say since I'm not 100% sure both my IMRCs have been inoperable/stuck open at the same time lol.

I can tell you that if 1 or both are open and you're not tuned for it you'll have part throttle hesitation around 2000rpms.

The IMRCs are there to keep air velocity up for efficiency at idle/low rpms. If you lock them out you'll lose that.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can someone please help me find the mmr plates please.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks buddy!

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
my second manifold is scheduled to ship tomorrow, they sent it next day air. My tuner said that they were seeing data logs with the pigtail solution, but it's not connected correctly. I'm going to email them again and see if they have any updates on what's actually needed for it all to work. Those of you who have the imrc's locked out are not having any issues correct? This is my dd, hate the idea of lockouts but it is what it is as of now

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Got a tracker that my replacement manifold will be here Friday. Curious to see what happens.

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
you guys need to quit being pussies and wire the damn thing its 3 wires.. most people dont even know how to wire it let alone make a plug and play harness. where do all you girls live at so i can buy you all one and come install it for you since your so scared to pop your hood. there is so much info on these in this thread and on facebook groups everyone should know to to install one by now .
Sorry, but I've searched for weeks and only found a blurry pic labeling the three wires in a connector - HARDLY 'so much info'. There are ZERO usable wiring diagrams. Still waiting.
Sponsored