Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

17MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium magnetic
What did they change in the tune? Redline? Not much to account for airflow wise as I dont think there is even a function to do so?
Not for sure on exact changes. Redline moved to 7800 more ignition timing and some cam timing changes
Sponsored

17MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium magnetic
Did you lock out?

Anyone have a write up? I can’t get into the fb group :(
If you are just going to lock out the imrcs then you will need a way to do that. I left all the actuators on mine because the default to open and I'm still trying to get them to work. My main tune has them turned off but my tuner is trying to work the bugs out to make them work. Just takes some time due to my schedule. As far as adapting goes you will need some 3/8s vacume line to adapt everything over. Which is the line for the break booster and the evap purge solenoid. And if it is a 15-16 you will need a vacume cap to go on one of the ports of your cold air. The vacume line that runs down the inside of the driver side of the old manifold goes away.

taccone805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550
18 manifold

I have it installed and works great have some vac lines I need to change. but anyone running this and have a rpm surge at times I'm thinking because you can only use 1 of the two plugs but idk plus cel p 2008 something like that I know its the imrc

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I wonder if it is possible to wire two plugs together instead of trying to tune one out. Does anyone have the wiring dit for the two other plugs that don't require pigtails two compare the 15 to 18?

taccone805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550
I wonder if it is possible to wire two plugs together instead of trying to tune one out. Does anyone have the wiring dit for the two other plugs that don't require pigtails two compare the 15 to 18?

No it’s just there

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you are just going to lock out the imrcs then you will need a way to do that. I left all the actuators on mine because the default to open and I'm still trying to get them to work. My main tune has them turned off but my tuner is trying to work the bugs out to make them work. Just takes some time due to my schedule. As far as adapting goes you will need some 3/8s vacume line to adapt everything over. Which is the line for the break booster and the evap purge solenoid. And if it is a 15-16 you will need a vacume cap to go on one of the ports of your cold air. The vacume line that runs down the inside of the driver side of the old manifold goes away.
I heard that we need 5/8” pvc line to adapt it all over. Is this true, or is 3/8” the proper size?

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
Just got notification that mine shipped today. Fingers crossed I get it damaged free

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a 2018 manifold locked out along with Pro-charger stage 2 D1SC head unit, Sai Li return fuel system and left my Comp stg.3 cams in place. Hopefully should all be together and running by the end of the week. :headbang:

Sponsored

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
I just installed a 2018 manifold locked out along with Pro-charger stage 2 D1SC head unit, Sai Li return fuel system and left my Comp stg.3 cams in place. Hopefully should all be together and running by the end of the week. :headbang:
That's what's up! I'm looking at the D1sc and vortech jt. Would love to see your numbers with the stage 3's boosted

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Should get mine on or before 3/1

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
You swapped out the CJ for an 18IM??

taccone805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550
guys if I do the lock out without forced induction what should I expect ?