Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Yep, that’s what I thought as well as anyone I speak to about it. Procharger says a couple thousand miles is what it takes. Course I don’t believe most of what they say anymore. No options at the moment, probably going to remove the supercharger this week so I hopefully can get through my smog check.
That's brutal, dude... Couple thousand seems like a long time...
Sponsored

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
replaced my stock black vorsteiner center caps with red 10th anniversary center caps.

they were a pain to get ahold of as they were a limited production. none of the forum wheel guys could get but ECS Tuning found a new leftover set in there warehouse.

1516232075.A39996CD-16C9-426A-979C-225CE4747D00.jpeg

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
replaced my stock black vorsteiner center caps with red 10th anniversary center caps.

they were a pain to get ahold of as they were a limited production. none of the forum wheel guys could get but ECS Tuning found a new leftover set in there warehouse.
Looks good! What are your tire specs?

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! What are your tire specs?
Front: 20x10 rim with Nitto G2 275/35-20
Rear: 20x11 rim with Nitto G2 295/35-20

Will probably swap those tires out for MPSS in 285 and 305 in the spring or summer but so far I am pleasantly impressed with these tires.

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Front: 20x10 rim with Nitto G2 275/35-20
Rear: 20x11 rim with Nitto G2 295/35-20

Will probably swap those tires out for MPSS in 285 and 305 in the spring or summer but so far I am pleasantly impressed with these tires.
Glad to hear! I remember you were undecided on the tire sizes for the new wheels.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear! I remember you were undecided on the tire sizes for the new wheels.
And you would be absolutely correct! I am not too stoked on the place I got the tire/wheels because of this either. I think he went too small of tire but for the deal I got, I figured I would try them for awhile because they are certainly a lot less $$ than the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. These G2's do hook up very well for the power I am laying down. These are more tucked in than the stock PP wheels with 23/25mm spacers. I want to get back to that look.

I will be going elsewhere in the future!

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
And you would be absolutely correct! I am not too stoked on the place I got the tire/wheels because of this either. I think he went too small of tire but for the deal I got, I figured I would try them for awhile because they are certainly a lot less $$ than the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. These G2's do hook up very well for the power I am laying down. These are more tucked in than the stock PP wheels with 23/25mm spacers. I want to get back to that look.

I will be going elsewhere in the future!
Looks great to me. No poke, like the 25mm spacers can give you.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Sad day for me, I hit a curb:

front_wheel.jpg

rear_wheel.jpg

and somehow the bumper cover popped out:
bumper.jpg

What is the best way to get the bumper cover back in? It doesn't look like the tabs are broken, I tried pushing but it felt like it would take more force than I was comfortable with and didn't want to break the tabs.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Sad day for me, I hit a curb:

front_wheel.jpg

rear_wheel.jpg

and somehow the bumper cover popped out:
bumper.jpg

What is the best way to get the bumper cover back in? It doesn't look like the tabs are broken, I tried pushing but it felt like it would take more force than I was comfortable with and didn't want to break the tabs.
Behind the inner fender there are 2 small bolts. I think the top one is 8mm and a lot of people miss it when pulling the bumper. You’ll likely have to remove the bolts/screws, especially the top one. If you’re tabs aren’t broken, it should realign. Sounds like you hit the splitter as well as the wheel if the tabs dislodged.

Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Behind the inner fender there are 2 small bolts. I think the top one is 8mm and a lot of people miss it when pulling the bumper. You’ll likely have to remove the bolts/screws, especially the top one. If you’re tabs aren’t broken, it should realign. Sounds like you hit the splitter as well as the wheel if the tabs dislodged.
I have the Cervini's chin spoiler so that probably hit also, although its not showing any damage.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
I have the Cervini's chin spoiler so that probably hit also, although its not showing any damage.
Check YouTube for front bumper removal and you’ll see where that 8mm Bolt is. You can use a ratcheting box end or a flex ratchet and shallow socket. If you have an extra set of hands that can pull back the inner fender, you can see it from the top with the hood open with an extension.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

1516232075.A39996CD-16C9-426A-979C-225CE4747D00.jpeg
That little pop of color is nice! What springs are you running by the way?

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check YouTube for front bumper removal and you’ll see where that 8mm Bolt is. You can use a ratcheting box end or a flex ratchet and shallow socket. If you have an extra set of hands that can pull back the inner fender, you can see it from the top with the hood open with an extension.
Thanks for the info, got it fixed! I used a 7mm socket.

Now to get some black nail polish to cover the rash until I can get them fixed.
Sponsored