2016 Mustang Gt 6r80 swap

pxdenial

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
I ran in to a snag while changing my manual yoke out to the auto yoke. I noticed that my manual yoke has a very very small notch that lines up the splines so it can be installed on the pinion. When I went to put the auto yoke on, it doesn’t have that notch and will not go on to the pinion splines. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I thought these were interchangeable. I’m hoping he just gave me the wrong yoke.
Sponsored

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I ran in to a snag while changing my manual yoke out to the auto yoke. I noticed that my manual yoke has a very very small notch that lines up the splines so it can be installed on the pinion. When I went to put the auto yoke on, it doesn’t have that notch and will not go on to the pinion splines. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I thought these were interchangeable. I’m hoping he just gave me the wrong yoke.

hate to randomly bump an older post, but did you solve this? my car is going in for an auto swap here soon and I'm just trying to see what all bases I need to cover.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
hate to randomly bump an older post, but did you solve this? my car is going in for an auto swap here soon and I'm just trying to see what all bases I need to cover.

I kept my manual rear end and just bought a shaft masters ds with a manual rear connector. They will build it for you, same price as a regular one.

If you replace the yoke, you run into the chance of unloading the bearing. It's a risk I didn't want to take.

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Car is at the shop getting the swap done this week, I think we're going to try to swap the diff yoke. We have a dude who's expertise is in rear end rebuilds so I'm confident he can pull it off with no worries. We'll see how it goes!
Sponsored