Sponsored

eBay Quarter Window Louvers - First Pics/Impressions

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
That is just regular 3M DS tape. VHB will say VHB. It will hold like rivets. regular...not so much. Especially once it starts absorbing moisture and heat from the hot sun.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22638]GT Nate[/MENTION], you might be waiting for the weekend to install em, but any update so far?

No issues with mine still.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
They arrived 2 days early but my schedule didn't allow me to install until today.

20180112_105027.jpg

upload photograph
20180112_105038.jpg

upload photograph
20180112_105108.jpg

upload photograph

I used 1/8 inch VHB tape but the lower corner on the driver side is pulling up a tad. I ordered some 1/4 inch tape to give it more strength.

Overall I love them, but the wife isn't too fond of them.

There is a very small dent on the driver side , but you really have to look to find it. Other than that no defects.

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on where you are (just noticed the Florida), I've got a new cheap heat gun (Bought it for another project - spoiler) to try and shape it, like someone else recommended, if you want :cheers:

Now the real test is to see how long your wife lets you keep em on!

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
It's not an issue of it being warped, I don't think the 1/8 tape is wide/strong enough. I could always try the supplied tape.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I had money in my paypal balance so I went ahead and ordered these. Says they’ll arrive by the 24th. I’ll be leaving mine black as well since it’ll “match” the look I’m going for.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Well, I put them on unpainted and with the supplied 3M tape. The quality was nice. They shipped from CA, and came well packaged/protected just as other's noted.

Mine were free from any defects that I could see and they seemed mostly straight. I did use a heat gun on low heat to straighten the from corner of the drivers side just ever so slightly. She's sitting out in the sun now to let the heat "stick" them on.

I'm not completely convinced I'll keep them on; I'm not convinced they'll stay on. I'll give them a few days and see how I like them. I created an ever so slight blindspot when looking over the right shoulder, but it's not horrible.
Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 5.40.56 PM.png
IMG_4604.jpg
IMG_4603.jpg

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You're right on the blindspot, it isn't hugely noticeable after a while but I'm sure if/when they come off it'll be a bigger difference than I realized!

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I took them off. I think they need to be painted and color matched to the hood vents & spoiler. Additionally, definitely use different tape then the included 3M. It will not hold up over time.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I got some of what are probably the same ones last year. Seemed like acceptable quality especially at 1/4 the price of real cervini ones. Unfortunately I found out that pony package mustangs have different window trim that is slightly thicker resulting in the louvers not fitting my windows. Tried to return but the seller was from china and was being a PITA so I gave up. I was thinking about trying to trim them but I didnt think they would come out very good. So they've just been laying around since I haven't been bothered to sell them yet.

Quite jealous you were able to get them to work for you as I love how they look though.

Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Don’t rely on just the tape. Time, temperature, wind and water will take their toll.
Use this:

pACE3-953136enh-z7.jpg

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
^I agree with this. I almost always apply a bead of silicone on everything if it matches. Black against black, if you apply it correctly and smooth it out is invisible.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
My rear and quarter window louvers arrived today. My initial impression is similar to what has been posted. I've taken pictures so I'll post them when I get home. They are from a different seller but it was cheap enough to take the risk.

I did a test fit of the rear louvers and it seem to fit. However, the tolerance was really tight towards the bottom part of the rear window where the trunk begins. I did the test fit without the brackets so it might fit better when it isn't sitting totally flush on the window. If not I'll trim it down to have a better fit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Excited to see how it all looks on your car!

I found a much better/quicker route for a regular drive I do which unfortunately has me pretty blind in the quarter window area so I'm actually taking mine off for now (the one I left on with regular 3M came over very easy with me just pulling on it). I still like the look and might get them painted and put back on in the future.

Still curious to see how JJ's come out before I do that though.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Attached are the images of the louvers. Packaging-wise it was the bare minimum. One box with the louvers just covered in bubble wrap. No damage from what I can tell.

I test fitted the rear louvers. The louver are straight and doesn't conform to the shape of the rear windshield. I'm sure a bit of heat will make it conform to the shape, especially once warmer weather and sun come around.

The quarter louvers looked pretty good. I didn't really notice any defects but I really didn't give it a real detailed inspection.

Overall the louvers look decent and quality seems okay as well. I won't be able to install them until warmer weather comes around.

I paid $112.50 for them.
DSC_0430.jpg
1518632364692.jpg
DSC_0432.jpg
2626a2ac-53ac-487e-aad7-21ecd511a03e.jpg
8bf70f8d-7b65-4937-bc36-d503b5aad63c.jpg
ceb8ce61-1a26-440d-8f84-82459a869f75.jpg
Sponsored