Sponsored

New Year, New Mods?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ok, I know I'm a little early but I'm sure a lot of you will already be thinking about/buying/receiving for xmas your next round of mods (or your first round!).

So what do you have planned for 2018?

I'll start...I have something very specific in mind which, truth be told, I probably won't do because of finances but one can still dream :ford:

More cosmetic stuff - I'm really keen on some wide, matte black OTT stripes. I'm also of the opinion that blanked out grilles/deck lids are a must with stripes so that will go with it. Not blacking out the pony/GT badge but completely removing it. Most likely go with black 5.0 emblems too...

The Roush AB's are becoming a "must have" and may well be the first (and potentially only) mod I do.

Also like the idea of the GT calibration pack recently launched. If Ford ever pull their finger out & answer my emails with more info, then I'm sure I will go down this route.

There will no doubt be other bits & pieces too but the above are my main ones :)

Oh, a dash cam is shooting up my list too! I have expensive taste though, so it will be the newest Blackvue front/rear with all the bells & whistles :headbonk:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
a house... I'll be pretty shot with mods. I've got a few cars coming through the pipeline for work, so i wont be out of the mod game ;)!

I've got a stash of mods next to me that i'll put on over christmas, barring a few that are waiting on other bits, but mostly. I'm "done"

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I’m going for a slightly new look for 2018:D a refresh if you like to take me into my second year of ownership:headbang:

I’m hopefully starting some of my mods at the end of this week:)

I’m going to rip apart my Borla resonator and turn it into a resonated H pipe...
If it doesn’t work out, I’m not bothered as last week I scored a brand new resonator off a US chap stationed in Germany:hail:

Then we have the GT350 quad tip valance going on, but instead of the stock brushed outlets, I’m getting the Borla black slash cuts fitted with the Ford Racing logo embossed into them:) This will also require mods to the brackets on the tips and the 2 back boxes.:eyebulge:

Whilst my master fabricator is sorting that lot out, The car will be on the lift, so I may as well take the opportunity to remove the front bumper and fit my new 50th anniversary grill...

Then sometime in the new year, I think I’ll remove the stripes, and replace with “super snake” style....:headbang::clap2:

Still giving some serious thought to supercharging and I’m liking the look of the new Edelbrock E-Force :headbang:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I’m going for a slightly new look for 2018:D a refresh if you like to take me into my second year of ownership:headbang:

I’m hopefully starting some of my mods at the end of this week:)

I’m going to rip apart my Borla resonator and turn it into a resonated H pipe...
If it doesn’t work out, I’m not bothered as last week I scored a brand new resonator off a US chap stationed in Germany:hail:

Then we have the GT350 quad tip valance going on, but instead of the stock brushed outlets, I’m getting the Borla black slash cuts fitted with the Ford Racing logo embossed into them:) This will also require mods to the brackets on the tips and the 2 back boxes.:eyebulge:

Whilst my master fabricator is sorting that lot out, The car will be on the lift, so I may as well take the opportunity to remove the front bumper and fit my new 50th anniversary grill...

Then sometime in the new year, I think I’ll remove the stripes, and replace with “super snake” style....:headbang::clap2:

Still giving some serious thought to supercharging and I’m liking the look of the new Edelbrock E-Force :headbang:

What type of blower is that m8, roots? Like how it retains stock air box, I assume good for around 625HP on stage 1 area?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Oh, a dash cam is shooting up my list too! I have expensive taste though, so it will be the newest Blackvue front/rear with all the bells & whistles :headbonk:
Kristian, I suspect as I did, you’ll do your own research, but just a heads up in case you missed this..:)

The new thinkware 800 is out, and IMO is a superior system to the BV, which is also a top set up of course..:)

Why do I say that you may ask?:shrug: Well it’s because of 2 reasons..
1. The TW has far better power management, it’ll look after your battery and ensure you don’t come back to a car with a flat battery. ... The BV will also do this, but requires another component wiring in, which in my view makes it more complicated to install and adds another potential failure point.

2. Installation on the TW really is a piece of cake, just 2 wires into the fuse box and you’re done. I admit I don’t know how the BV is connected up:D

Pays your money takes you choice etc:D.. but worth a look before you part with your cash:thumbsup::lol:

Sponsored

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've a black pony badge for the front grill, and may dechrome the chrome 5.0's (thinking I'll try plasti-dip as I have some in the garage)

My Dad has bought me a Ford Racing gear knob so that's going on.

I've Eibach springs in the garage (picked up from Ford Inverness a few weeks back) which I need to arrange fitting + alignment.

I want to get it machine polished, it's Shadow Black and when it's actually light and sunny up here in Aberdeen :D I can see a fair few swirls and light scratches I'd like taken out.

Apart from that - I may look into one of the Ford Calibration packs, but I hardly break 3K most days so unsure it's really worth it.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
What type of blower is that m8, roots? Like how it retains stock air box, I assume good for around 625HP on stage 1 area?
TVS very similar to the Harrop, but a lot less ÂŁÂŁ:)..
The current 2300 (same as Harrop) claims 690bhp at stage 1 and as much as 785bhp at stage 3......but this is being superseded by a new 2650 which is supposedly far more efficient.... figures aren’t out yet but I’d expect around 725bhp at stage 1:thumbsup:

I’m thinking stage 1 with my headers and a 2650 650bhp to 700bhp should be a realistic goal:D..

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
I'm done until the spring / summer (April ish)

But then -
maybe a bigger turbo or shoot meth
probably custom wrap making it 2 tone black / race red
wrap / get rid of all the chrome / silver pieces on the interior in black
probably a wind deflector of some sort - might try to make one myself
probably paint the calipers black when i put my rims on
after I see what the car looks like with 20s on, maybe an airbag kit if it needs it

hoping to get this day job - 2nd interview today - if i get it, most of my side work / freelance can go to mods so - it'll be a good summer :)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
H Pipe
Catch-Can
Stone Guards
Mustang Record Player

:D:cheers:

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its basically the same as whipples new charger for the my18 its upside down intercooler on top thats why its flat and wide :) I think with a lowered engine and the edelbrock sc you can keep a strut brace too.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Is driving a mod? :p

I'd like wheels but we have a baby due in the New Year, so if the Mustang sees my bum I'd be surprised!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Mid Jan:

Twin over the top stripes (matt black) with bronze pinstripes. Ordered and on way from US.

March/April:

20" Velgen Split 5 in bronze. Wheels already in my garage, awaiting tyres and better weather!

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mid Jan:

Twin over the top stripes (matt black) with bronze pinstripes. Ordered and on way from US.

March/April:

20" Velgen Split 5 in bronze. Wheels already in my garage, awaiting tyres and better weather!
Great choice on wheels :headbang: if I had the money, I'd be going for a set of those in black. Look forward to seeing the striped too...what is the width?

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
This little lot (plus more that's arrived since I took this picture two weeks ago) - Steeda adj. sway bar end links, Steeda billet rear shock mounts, Steeda strut brace, SR Performance throttle body spacer, BMR rear vertical links (spherical), BMR rear LCA bearings (spherical), CoPlus sequential front indicators, Eibach adj. camber bolts, Coyote wheel nuts, Judd forged centre caps for wheels, Vibrant performance bullet resonators, new custom made front upper and lower grilles with aluminium mesh and Coyote bagding (GT350 style), MP concepts rear tailgate panel with Coyote badging (GT350 style), FP GT350 starter button, CFR bootstrap, engine bay detailing (painting covers etc), custom OTT stripes, carbon dipping of interior... yada-yada-yada...

No wonder my bank account is looking like shit... some people snort cocaine, some people smoke weed, some people have gambling addictions... i have a Mustang :headbonk: !

thumb_IMG_2543_1024.jpg
Sponsored