OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Problem fixed, now using a different method of checking whether the window sticker is valid.
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'm glad it helped, also just got my friend to order one as well, he got a GT Premium in magnetic with midnight blue stitching, 6MT.
Was he already in the market for a Mustang/new car or did he just see yours and decide to spent $40,000? Haha

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was he already in the market for a Mustang/new car or did he just see yours and decide to spent $40,000? Haha
Well, we both started our jobs last summer together at the new company. At the time I've already decided to order a Mustang, and I thought it'd be funny to have both of us and another friend of ours who works there too to all drive muscle/pony cars to work everyday, and of course they're also looking into getting new cars. So I started to nudge them towards these cars, and now we already have a 2017 EB, and my 2018 GT in the parking lot, and later we're getting another one.

P.S. my original plan was to have one or each (mustang, camaro, challenger), but three mustangs are even better.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. I was just wondering if there was a way to check the status of my mustang in transit...meaning rail location? BTW, I did sign up on the cotus checker and that is a very nice tool.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does Cotus checker let you know if your EDD changes?
Yes it does, it'll send out emails if there are any changed information from the last time it checked.

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
[MENTION=30915]DukeGaGa[/MENTION]
Hey Duke,
Is there a way to adjust your script to track inventory changes at a particular dealer?
It is my understanding that the allocation process is tied to dealer inventory in some way.
I am curious if my order is not moving because my dealer is not moving mustangs or if the issue is with the choices that I made and parts availability. My questions to the dealer do not get much in the way of answers. I am told they have the allocation but I still do not have a VIN and can't see it it cotus but ford customer service says they see the order.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=30915]DukeGaGa[/MENTION]
Hey Duke,
Is there a way to adjust your script to track inventory changes at a particular dealer?
It is my understanding that the allocation process is tied to dealer inventory in some way.
I am curious if my order is not moving because my dealer is not moving mustangs or if the issue is with the choices that I made and parts availability. My questions to the dealer do not get much in the way of answers. I am told they have the allocation but I still do not have a VIN and can't see it it cotus but ford customer service says they see the order.
I'm sorry but it can't be done, the script is doing exactly what you'll do if you go on COTUS yourself and enter your order number, but it does it automatically every hour and see anything changed from the last time it checked. However, you can go to Ford's website and search for all the stock orders coming your dealer's way and put all the VIN's in the script so it tracks all of them.

P.S. funny enough, I have a friend who works with me that ordered a 2018 Mustang GT a few weeks ago after me nudging him to buy one for months, and he's name is also Jesse. :D

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got a VIN yesterday and signed up for the COTUS Checker. Thanks[MENTION=30915]DukeGaGa[/MENTION]

FabTbird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This waiting is terrible. I ordered a Mustang GT on January 19. No information at all on cotus yet. I looked up the stock orders at my dealer and they show up on cotus with the VIN but not with the order number and dealer code. Does that sound right?

Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
This waiting is terrible. I ordered a Mustang GT on January 19. No information at all on cotus yet. I looked up the stock orders at my dealer and they show up on cotus with the VIN but not with the order number and dealer code. Does that sound right?
I've been in the dark since December 17th. No info on COTUS at all. A few others are in the same boat.

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
This is too funny... I have done the same thing. I ordered on 1/19/18.
my dealer has 20 stangs on the lot 17 of them are 18's i also took the VIN# of each and looked it up in cotus to get the order date, in order processing date and delivery date. the avg between order and vin/processing is 50 days. then
another 29 days till delivered. for a total of 79 days.

I was a financial analyst in a past life... I like numbers

On another note i did get an email from my dealer this week that they do have the allocation and " There is a heavy commodity constraint on P8F Convertible"
so i will not get a Feb build but the rep is saying most likely march so late march / early April delivery most likely. This is consistent with the Data so we will see.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
This is too funny... I have done the same thing. I ordered on 1/19/18.
my dealer has 20 stangs on the lot 17 of them are 18's i also took the VIN# of each and looked it up in cotus to get the order date, in order processing date and delivery date. the avg between order and vin/processing is 50 days. then
another 29 days till delivered. for a total of 79 days.

I was a financial analyst in a past life... I like numbers

On another note i did get an email from my dealer this week that they do have the allocation and " There is a heavy commodity constraint on P8F Convertible"
so i will not get a Feb build but the rep is saying most likely march so late march / early April delivery most likely. This is consistent with the Data so we will see.
I'm hoping for exactly what your rep is saying but not knowing anything at all for almost two months is odd to me. Almost everyone has gotten a VIN within the first few weeks.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Does this work if your order isn't showing up in Cotus yet? I signed up for the checker but received an email that I entered invalid information.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Does this work if your order isn't showing up in Cotus yet? I signed up for the checker but received an email that I entered invalid information.
It should send you an email confirming the info you entered but it shouldn't say invalid. The order numbers are always 4 digits and the dealer codes always start with an F and have I believe 5 digits after that.
Sponsored