Sponsored

Automatic COTUS Checker

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
It should send you an email confirming the info you entered but it shouldn't say invalid. The order numbers are always 4 digits and the dealer codes always start with an F and have I believe 5 digits after that.
I got the confirmation email then another one later saying invalid information. My dealer code doesn't start with an F. The weird thing is the last order I did from the same dealership, the code did start with an F. The one on my Dora doesn't start with an F. I have tried both codes on Cotus and nothing.
Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I got the confirmation email then another one later saying invalid information. My dealer code doesn't start with an F. The weird thing is the last order I did from the same dealership, the code did start with an F. The one on my Dora doesn't start with an F. I have tried both codes on Cotus and nothing.
What is the code you are using if you don't mind me asking?

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Ok. Checked again on Cotus and nothing.
Very likely your order hasn't had any movement. I have been waiting for a VIN since 12/17. Plug in your order number and the correct dealer code into the COTUS checker and you should get an email confirmation afterwards.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Very likely your order hasn't had any movement. I have been waiting for a VIN since 12/17. Plug in your order number and the correct dealer code into the COTUS checker and you should get an email confirmation afterwards.
You've been waiting since 12/17 for a VIN? Wow. Not sure how that is possible. The only order that took forever for a VIN for me was when I ordered a Focus ST when they first came out. Only reason why that took a long time for a VIN was due to a production delay.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
You've been waiting since 12/17 for a VIN? Wow. Not sure how that is possible. The only order that took forever for a VIN for me was when I ordered a Focus ST when they first came out. Only reason why that took a long time for a VIN was due to a production delay.
Yeah seems there are a few people in the same boat. It could be due to a MagneRide backorder or the production plant being shut down for a little while, or even an allocation issue with my dealer. Maybe all three in my case, who knows at this point.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah seems there are a few people in the same boat. It could be due to a MagneRide backorder or the production plant being shut down for a little while, or even an allocation issue with my dealer. Maybe all three in my case, who knows at this point.
I'm still not sure if there is a MagneRide backorder. My dealership told me today they haven't heard anything about that. My guess for your case is it's an allocation issue. Based on the other thread, the plant shutdown on January 26. You should have received a VIN before the shutdown ordering over a month before it closed.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm still not sure if there is a MagneRide backorder. My dealership told me today they haven't heard anything about that. My guess for your case is it's an allocation issue. Based on the other thread, the plant shutdown on January 26. You should have received a VIN before the shutdown ordering over a month before it closed.
woe is me

Sponsored
OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
My dealership code is 72B221

EDIT: Code on the DORA from my previous order was F72221.
F72221 is what you should be using.
As a matter of fact, it doesn't really matter which dealer code you're using, COTUS will recognize both version of it, but yeah the one starts with an F is the preferred way for COTUS at least.

If you're getting an email saying invalid info, that's most likely you entered the wrong order number. Order numbers has to be 4-digits, and can have alphabets of numbers. Make sure you read the instructions on the google form when registering with the checker.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
As a matter of fact, it doesn't really matter which dealer code you're using, COTUS will recognize both version of it, but yeah the one starts with an F is the preferred way for COTUS at least.

If you're getting an email saying invalid info, that's most likely you entered the wrong order number. Order numbers has to be 4-digits, and can have alphabets of numbers. Make sure you read the instructions on the google form when registering with the checker.
I looked at the e-mail I received after I registered and everything is correct. The odd thing is the invalid info e-mail, my order number isn't correct. My order number starts with 0 and the 0 wasn't in the invalid e-mail I received but it was in the e-mail confirmation.

PSUpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 V-6 Premium Convertible
Is COTUS ever inaccurate in not being current? My car was built on 1/24. COTUS reflects that it is still awaiting shipping. But, dealer told me that it has left the plant. It is still not here. Michigan is not that far from Pennsylvania. Perhaps it is sitting in a large lot where cars are dropped off by train

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I looked at the e-mail I received after I registered and everything is correct. The odd thing is the invalid info e-mail, my order number isn't correct. My order number starts with 0 and the 0 wasn't in the invalid e-mail I received but it was in the e-mail confirmation.
Looks like Google form has a bug where it removes leading zeros after putting them into spreadsheets. I've fixed the problem with a small work around, please register again, it should work now.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Looks like Google form has a bug where it removes leading zeros after putting them into spreadsheets. I've fixed the problem with a small work around, please register again, it should work now.
Ok. Thank you.
Sponsored