Sponsored

2015 Mustang catches fire, First refuses to help

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
I'm a member over at SVTP and another members mustang caught in fire and Ford is refusing to help. Ford denied any issue with their car, which is disappointing. It goes to reinforce that ford is like everyone, crapping on the little guy.
Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Was it ecoboost?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
No it was a GT. It was a spark under the passenger seat.

OP
OP

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
Yeah, under passenger seat and also through center console I believe

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Nothing mechanical is through there under the vehicle besides mufflers. Only connectors for the power/hot/cold seats come through electrically there, which should've tripped a fuse. Did he check the fusebox or anything?

I looked through that thread and all I saw were pictures of the damage and mentioning of a picture of a burned connector. Where is that picture? All of those connectors are more towards the middle of the seat, not near the seat buckle.

Sponsored

Canktm25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
15' Ruby Red GT Premium PP leather Recaros
Those pesky joint heads you never know where they'll land!!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Those pesky joint heads you never know where they'll land!!
:lol::lol:....this was mentioned a few times in the thread. Someone found his FB profile early on in the thread and said he had pics or some evidence that he loved him some reefer.

Here is the pic of the letter Ford sent him.
image.jpg

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I am curious what the insurance company hand to said about this fire Mustang.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I would think with all the scrutiny car manufacturers are under now Ford was sure to do a fair investigation. The last thing they need is a brand new car randomly catching fire. That would certainly put a damper on a global sales push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
It is easy to say this was Fords fault, but the OP on SVTP went about the situation all wrong. First, any fire in a car should be reported to the closest Fire Dept. His pictures indicated a small fire. When you report it to the Fire/Police, you can get a fire investigator to look at it, and he'll tell you what started the fire and where. The next stop is your insurance company. They have investigators too who are trained. In light of the mega million dollar lawsuits on GM and Toyota, Ford sent someone who is trained and they found it was the OP's fault. If the person was 100% sure it was the car, he could call the NTSP who would send in investigator also. From his pictures, there was more than a pinched wire arc flash. A fire investigator really needs to look at that and get some forensic samples to be tested. If it turned out to be the cars fault, then he needs to lawyer up. I'm betting the Ford engineer found evidence of an external source. This is just conjecture, but if I had to guess, his passenger dropped a plastic lighter and it broke while the seat was being moved. Anyway, there is really no way to even tell without having all of the pieces and car to examine.

Sponsored

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
The title of the thread is really misleading considering Ford did do an investigation. The way they jumped on the Ecoboost recall i doubt they would let this ride if it was manufacturer defect. I guess time will tell. I don't see how this is stepping on the little guy. :shrug:

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Yea, fires are no jokes for recalls - that litigation adds up mighty fast. There's no way Ford brushed it off. They could have come to the incorrect conclusion, granted, but I highly doubt they just said 'no way it was us, man!'

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I looked through that thread and all I saw were pictures of the damage and mentioning of a picture of a burned connector. Where is that picture? All of those connectors are more towards the middle of the seat, not near the seat buckle.
Here is a picture of the connector.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416611985.317947.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
This young guy is posting in all the Mustang FB groups asking for help and soliciting information. Story makes no sense.

He didn't even report this fire to his insurance company or called the fire dept as the car was being driven as it caught fire.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ford either missed something or this guy is not being honest. The Ford Service rep on their forum was persistent about finding out the other two cases he mentioned and at the end he didn't even provide her with their usernames. He just said they've sent him PMs.
Sponsored