Sponsored

Shouldn't my car be faster than this?

fishstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 oxford white base gt pp
So I just got my car to the dragstrip for the first time after doing some bolt ons and getting it tuned and I'm kinda disappointed in the performance esp. the trap speed. My car is a 2017 gt pp with ARH full exhaust, gt350IM, pmas intake, lu47 injectors and a lund flex fuel tune.
The best I got was 12.33 at 114mph with 1.86 60ft. I know the e.t. could drop some with a better 60ft but I expected to trap faster than 114? Anybody have any input or advice?
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Have an image of the slip to show?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Tuning by James (via Steeda) tune on 93 octane, road course alignment, Conti Sport tires, factory manifold, MT82: I've trapped 112.4 but my ET was 12.8 I believe as I am god awful at drag racing and especially launching (60 ft >2 seconds for sure). Slip is in the car which is 30 miles away. FWIW but much depends on the air you have that day. Apparently in Vegas, for example, the times are surprisingly slow for the power a given car has.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I would expect better mph.. I think i got around 113 stock. What track?

Sponsored

OP
OP

fishstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the huge pic lol couldn't figure out how to make it smaller. This was at beaver springs dragway in central PA. I know my reaction time was terrible I wasnt concerned about that I was focusing on learning to launch the car.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I'm under the impression that the GT350 manifold makes power at higher RPM and loses torque down low. Could be an issue or I could be wrong. The 2018 uses a similar design but they also changed the heads and cams to work with it.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I guy in my Mustang club got a 12.6 at 113 on a totally stock m/t car except a canned SCT tune at a drag strip in Georgia. Stock tires, stock 20" wheels. Again, FWIW. I should think in an auto that is pretty achievable on the regular...

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Tests I've read also seem to show the GT350 intake benefits more if you change the throttle body to a bigger size. Standard throttle body doesn't do much until high revs.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Too many factors to know exactly. I ran a similar time with my 15 PP with similar mods but I was not able to hold full throttle till 3rd gear due to the stock tires and wheel hop. I went 12.3 at 115 with a 1.9 60ft. My mods and power for the 15 are in my sig. I am positive on sticky tires and a good launch the car would have gone mid 11s at 120ish. If you were able to go full throttle through all the gears and didn't wheel spin a bunch then yes I would think you should have done better. The DA obviously matters too but I would imagine even in terrible air the car should be quicker if the traction is there. Has the car been on a dyno to make sure its tuned well? Of course your shifting speed and point will also matter. I would be shifting around 7800 on a GT350 Mani car, maybe even around 8k to get the most out of it.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
no lift shifting ? headwind? too low tire pressure? shifting too soon? all will cut mph. that's decent 60 ' for street tires

OP
OP

fishstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had good traction the whole time. I was running drag radials so I know I can get the 60ft down but I didn't want to launch too hard and break stuff. I probably did shift a little early maybe around 7500

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Way. Too. Many. Variables.

DA, slow shifts, shift too late/early, fuel quality, tune quality, etc, etc, etc.
Sponsored