Ford Rep Questions

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Is there a Ford rep that comes on here at all? I just noticed the corrosion on my hood lip today. I have always gotten a rental for warranty work in the past.... this is my 3rd Mustang..... all 3 have needed it some way or another.

I am being told they don't cover a rental for warranty paintwork. Is this the case for everyone else too?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Every Dealer is different as they are independently owned and operated.

If the repair will not entail the vehicle being down for more than 24hrs, a loaner is usually not applicable.

Some Dealers *might* offer a loaner if they have enough in their fleet to lend AND if the repair will take longer than 24hrs.

Some Dealers will not offer any loaner if the Customer does not have an extended warranty plan. Such an extended plan must have specific provisions for a required loaner.

If the Customer does have an extended warranty plan with loaner vehicle provisions specifically outlined in the plan, Ford and its Dealer Network is obligated to meet the plan requirements by getting you into a loaner. Some Ford Dealers who satisfy the warranty plan loaner requirement even work with common Rental Car Agencies; if the Dealer itself is lacking loaners due to high volume repairs, they will still get the Customer into a loaner available through their Rental accounts.

Now - if you are in contact with your Ford Regional Rep., they have more pull over a Dealer and *could* talk with the Dealer to allow you use of a loaner IF A) you don't have the extended warranty loaner provision and B) the repair is for warranty work that will involve more than 24hrs of down time. The Ford Regional Rep has more pull because their job is to 1) please you as a customer, 2) make your ownership experience positive and 3) avoid "social media backlash".

If you're not involved with a Ford Regional Rep, get yourself one. When you do make contact, be PROFESSIONAL about your warranty claim and concerns for the need for a loaner (i.e.: job, only 1 car in household, etc). Talking to them with a level head and on a person to person level will go FAR and most likely get you a loaner, rather than starting off by raising voice and complaining/bitching, etc.

BTW - the above is fact, not BS.... during my current 2016 ownership, trust me, I've had and have driven probably every single one of Fords products to date due to the multiple warranty fixes needed for my "Quality is Job 1" POS Ford...... LMFAO...

OP
OP
JasinEdward

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I appreciate the answer..... They are stating 3-4 days downtime for hood corrosion repair... I have some Hertz points to use.... just didn't want to.... I was looking for a local customer service rep like Deysha. She used to be present on all the forums, just never noticed if she was here.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
These stories are scaring me. One reason I got a 370z over a 2013 GT was because of this ugly corrosion issue and Ford not covering repairs. I traded the Z in for a 2016 GT and now I'm getting terrified of seeing bubbling one day. It's been an issue for over 10 years. How have they not gotten their shit together? It's embarrassing.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Pm deysha
Sponsored