Sponsored

Holley iNTECH CAI hp & lb·ft claim

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have one of those installed on my 2015GT. I purshased it over the other CAI for two reasons:
1. I think the design of how the filter faces down is much better than the conical filters that are horizontal. I think it will create equal air flow across the whole filter and not just one side. My 05GT CAI, one side of the filter would always get dirtier than the other side.
2. It has the most HP/TQ gains (claimed) that I found online over other non tune CAI.

I installed pretty quick after buying my 15 so can not comment on any gains that I felt. I bought my car used. Also I am not ready for a tune just yet.

I wish I would have done some 0-60 times before and after but forgot about doing that.

Holley is a pretty reputable company so I would hope their claims are some what close to what you get but you never know

The install on mine was PITA the first time as the intake tube would not fit inside of the filter, it was very tight!!! It took several tries! However since then I have popped it in no problems!
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'd give you 10 cents for mfr dynos. Everyone claims to have the most gains, lol.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see that as I do quite like the design of this CAI.

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
I think this one and the Ingen Evolution CAI are pretty interesting choices. Closed box design and seem to have good gains. Obviously a tune is where you are most likely to realize the gains.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
hideous???? I dont think its bad at all personally, if I werent going with a VMP sc soon Id buy one in a second!
IMO, it ain't too bad...the tube just looks weird and I'd like a more secure attachment to the filter.

Talking about hideous tubes, who am I to complain, I have the Mishimoto one :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carzzi

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
2. It has the most HP/TQ gains (claimed) that I found online over other non tune CAI.
By claimed, did you mean the dyno charts from Holley, or was this from dyno runs by folks who used the intake?

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
By claimed, did you mean the dyno charts from Holley, or was this from dyno runs by folks who used the intake?
Duh! Of course my own Dyno!

Joking, Yes Holley's dyno sheet, that is why I said "claimed" other wise I would have said specifically the actually HP results that I have with it.

None the less the Design is IMHO is definitely better than any CAI I have seen on the market.

At the end of the day it sounds like all CAI are just a waste of money since Ford did a fine job on the stock one.

Captain Trips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I had some time to kill on my lunch break and took a look at a print-off of Holley's dyno sheet.

Ignoring their peak gains, if those dyno graphs are to be trusted it looks like:

• 2500-6500 the average gains are: 11hp, 15ft lbs.
  • 3000-6500 the average gains are: 13hp, 17ft lbs.
  • 4000-6500 the average gains are: 16hp, 18ft lbs.
I think it would be an interesting addition to a car that already had an FRPP Power Pack 1.

Sponsored

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine today. I have no dyno information and due to rain only took it for a short drive. From what I can tell it does add some noticable intake sound, hp and tq. It went in ok and if you install it you get better info from the cjpp video. Outside of install information it does not give anything about care and maintenance of the filter. I know from using aftermarket air filters that if you don’t clean and lube them from their instructions they void the warranty. If I’m correct this is a no lube filter. If you are wondering I’M running stock mufflers with a resonator delete x pipe on my PPGT.

Captain Trips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
How do you like the routing of the MAF wire with the Holley intake? In all the videos and images it looks like a person would have to open the Y in that loom up a bit for it to look clean and proper. That and perhaps add a new stay to the airbox so it isn't just dangling front-row-center.

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
I agree with others, it looks good. I wonder what it would do with a tune.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

I am a big supporter of the stock air box, particular with carbon trap removed and a performance panel filter as you get measurable improvement in flow rate over the maf sensor.

As such having tried many CAI's I dislike most of them.

However this design is very unique and also very good I must say as the design gives a much larger filter area over a stock panel filter which alone should give some nice gains in maf flow, be great if someone here could test a stock air box with carbon trap remove, then fit this and re-test paying attention to the maf flow rates.

The only part I dislike is how the filter end of the tube just pops into place, I'd be worried about whether that seal is truly air tight or not considering there is no clamping force in place.

Otherwise it looks a fantastic design.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there

I am a big supporter of the stock air box, particular with carbon trap removed and a performance panel filter as you get measurable improvement in flow rate over the maf sensor.

As such having tried many CAI's I dislike most of them.

However this design is very unique and also very good I must say as the design gives a much larger filter area over a stock panel filter which alone should give some nice gains in maf flow, be great if someone here could test a stock air box with carbon trap remove, then fit this and re-test paying attention to the maf flow rates.

The only part I dislike is how the filter end of the tube just pops into place, I'd be worried about whether that seal is truly air tight or not considering there is no clamping force in place.

Otherwise it looks a fantastic design.
Based on the install video it looks like a solid interference fit, requiring lubrication to get the tube in. Those usually seal quite well and better than clamps.
Sponsored