Full Throttle acceleration smell

saleen405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Interesting thread b/c I was eventually going to ask the same question. I have the Extremes and on WOT, I too that smell. It sounds like it's common although I don't remember this when I had my 05.
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Interesting thread b/c I was eventually going to ask the same question. I have the Extremes and on WOT, I too that smell. It sounds like it's common although I don't remember this when I had my 05.
That smell is just an added option on the S550 Mustang,and the good news is there is NO additional charge, + it has a 5 year or 60,000 mile warranty,LOL.

Plomo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp magnetic grey with recaros
So I get a smell which to me smells like burnt gear oil. I only get it when I'm getting up on it. I thought it was the exhaust but when I checked it everything check out good. Looking for what can possibly be wrong I noticed the differential had a leak on each end where the drive shaft go connected. I made an appointment with the dealer to check it out tomorrow lets see what they say.

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
It is the smell of FUN
I too have it on my '15 also on my '02 F350 when I turn up the tune.
It is not a problem and it probably wont go away,just enjoy.

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Mine does the same thing with my Solo Exhaust, it isn't the exhaust, pretty sure it's the cats.....

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
It's the cats. I smell it sometimes too under hard throttle.

OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Since some here think it's the cats, and might very well be......I guess the question is for those who have installed long tube headers and deleted the cats is there still a smell...??

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Since some here think it's the cats, and might very well be......I guess the question is for those who have installed long tube headers and deleted the cats is there still a smell...??
Cat smell is gone, only rich smell of e85 or gasoline when you stop will be present after a pull. You wont smell it as you're driving like it does with the cats still in place.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
This used to bother me when I first smelled it, but now I enjoy the smell a lot more :)

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
My Ford Edge was the first vehicle I had that had the noticeable cat's smell, now the 15 GT is the same smell. It's the cat's and nothing else of concern.

OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
My Ford Edge was the first vehicle I had that had the noticeable cat's smell, now the 15 GT is the same smell. It's the cat's and nothing else of concern.
To me it's an annoyance, that every car I've owned since cats have been standard equipment (probably before some of you here were born) have not had that issue....my 15 GT is the first and I wonder what Ford is doing different now from years past.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Latest generation of Ford Explorers does the same thing.

Lots of owners freaking out on the forums, NTSB investigation.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Gotta be the cats, mine does this too and all I have is a resonator delete H-pipe.
I have an h-pipe resonator delete as well (MRT) and have the smell after hard pulls. I did notice recently a few drips coming out of where the stock mufflers meets the H-Pipe. Have you had this?

I was considering throwing it back on stands and attempting to push the pipe in more but a total seal may not be possible without welding it.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The smell is 100% from the cats. They are not efficient enough for a WOT run, not to mention these cars are a little on the rich side at WOT which is extra unburned fuel the cats have to process.
Sponsored