Sponsored

MT Head 2 Head - 2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs 2018 Mustang GT

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
My 2SS has been a more comfortable daily driver than my 15 base gt ever was on my same 80 mile commute. Much more fun an engaging as well. I don't frequent the track either. S550 back seats were only a little roomier. No body site back there anyway. Works for me. :shrug:
Apples and oranges. Load up a GT Premium and see which car is better as a daily.

It's not really opinion at this point, as almost every independent review says the same thing about the Camaro. Crampt interior. Limited storage. Horrible sight lines. Poor vent layout. They all praise the driving dynamics and quote awesome track times a skilled driver can put up, but most would drive something else as a daily.
Sponsored

JChors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse
Apples and oranges. Load up a GT Premium and see which car is better as a daily.

It's not really opinion at this point, as almost every independent review says the same thing about the Camaro. Crampt interior. Limited storage. Horrible sight lines. Poor vent layout. They all praise the driving dynamics and quote awesome track times a skilled driver can put up, but most would drive something else as a daily.
I agree that i wouldn't have the 1LE as my daily driver, but not all of us buy our Camaros to DD. I have my RAM truck for that.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Unless you own stock in FMC why do sales figures matter to you? It won't make your car any quicker, and i've yet to meet anyone who's lost a race and then quotes sales numbers as a crutch.

Back to the numbers that matter...Oh, yeah! The guys over at the Ferrari 458 italia forum are just as butt-hurt!
And your personal times are better, worse or about the same as the magazine time you just put up?

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Sales does not equal quality.

Taco Bell is prob the best selling taco shop. Doesnt mean its the best taco shop.
Sales = popularity.

6th gen Camaro sales have definitely been a disappointment. Considering all the positive press about the performance it's likely due to styling and practicality.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I agree that i wouldn't have the 1LE as my daily driver, but not all of us buy our Camaros to DD. I have my RAM truck for that.
Then you bought the right car based on what you wanted. I need a daily driver first and foremost that is practical but fun to drive but I can still track when my life allows.

Unfortunately I just can't get to the track as much as I would like hence why I am thinking hard about selling my z51 C7.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Sales does not equal quality.

Taco Bell is prob the best selling taco shop. Doesnt mean its the best taco shop.
Your taco shop better start making a taco people actually want to buy. Or it might go out of business......Again!

JChors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse
And your personal times are better, worse or about the same as the magazine time you just put up?
I'm a skilled driver, but i don't pretend to have these times. What i do know is that i'm much faster in my 1LE than i was in my buddy's '17 GT PP. He was blown away when i let him drive it.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Your taco shop better start making a taco people actually want to buy. Or it might go out of business......Again!
The Mustang was always the cheaper car. Not so much anymore. So we shall see what happens. And we all know Mustang sales are inflated due to fleet purchases.

Deliveries over the past year is:

Mustang:80.6k
Camaro:72K

So its reasonably close. Not a runaway by Ford.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I'm a skilled driver, but i don't pretend to have these times. What i do know is that i'm much faster in my 1LE than i was in my buddy's '17 GT PP. He was blown away when i let him drive it.
Im Not a road course guy. So that type of car is wasted on me. But I’ve read nothing but good things about the1le. The reason I asked your time. Is I believe most people that buy road course capable cars. Will never push the car to the times that a magazine will post. The 17pp isn’t a track car. It’s the equivalent to a base Camaro. The real interesting battle will be the 1Le vs PP2.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The Mustang was always the cheaper car. Not so much anymore. So we shall see what happens. And we all know Mustang sales are inflated due to fleet purchases.

Deliveries over the past year is:

Mustang:80.6k
Camaro:72K

So its reasonably close. Not a runaway by Ford.
Thats silly. It’s been a complete runaway. In the two years the 6gen Camaro has been in production. Mustangs has outsold it by what? 50k? Let’s not even talk about the first year of S550 sales compared to the first year of 6th gen Camaro sales. The fleet sales and the more profit per car talking points are camaro6 nonsense.

Sponsored

JChors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse
Im Not a road course guy. So that type of car is wasted on me. But I’ve read nothing but good things about the1le. The reason I asked your time. Is I believe most people that buy road course capable cars. Will never push the car to the times that a magazine will post. The 17pp isn’t a track car. It’s the equivalent to a base Camaro. The real interesting battle will be the 1Le vs PP2.
Me too. May the best car win.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Thats silly. It’s been a complete runaway. In the two years the 6gen Camaro has been in production. Mustangs has outsold it by what? 50k? Let’s not even talk about the first year of S550 sales compared to the first year of 6th gen Camaro sales. The fleet sales and the more profit per car talking points are camaro6 nonsense.
The 6th Gen was slow to start but it has picked up over the past year. Thems just facts. See what happens in the future.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The 6th Gen was slow to start but it has picked up over the past year. Thems just facts. See what happens in the future.
Ive owned a 3 or 4 Camaros. I’d personally hate to see it go away. So for it’s sake. I hope GM can come up with a package that matches its performance. You know as well as I do. The buying public. Doesn’t care about a few 10ths in the 1/4. Or a second or two on a road course they’ll never drive on. More facts. Backed up by sales numbers.:thumbsup:

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I get it, you hate camaros.
When it comes to what I drive and purchase, only my opinion matters. This car works for me as a daily.
I even like the interior layout more.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Ive owned a 3 or 4 Camaros. I’d personally hate to see it go away. So for it’s sake. I hope GM can come up with a package that matches its performance. You know as well as I do. The buying public. Doesn’t care about a few 10ths in the 1/4. Or a second or two on a road course they’ll never drive on. More facts. Backed up by sales numbers.:thumbsup:
Agreed. The general public cares about price and driveability. GM did say they are working on a more basic level SS to get the price more affordable for the common man. I feel the Mustang and Camaro have gotten away from the everymans muscle car.
Sponsored