Sponsored

My build

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
First off, build is probably the wrong word. I would call this more my eclectic assortment of subtle tweaks. Build does roll off the tongue a little better. My car is at the shop now getting most of the stuff done.

This is to be a streetcar at this point, so NVH has to be kept at a reasonable level. Reduce some of the “floatyness” of the car and sharpen the steering some. The car drives big, I would like it to feel a little more nimble and communicate a little better.

I thought the first place to find improvement would be a reduction in unsprung rotating mass so wheels were ordered

Signature SV501 wheels 19x11 et 50 in gunmetal these with studs and spacers are rotatable

from Steeda I bought:
Cradle alignment
Jacking rails
Front brace
Vertical links (poly)
Clutch spring
Rear lower control arm bearing

From others
OP mustang front lower control arm with brake deflector and bearings
MGW short shift kit
BMR cradle lock out
Ford racing toe knuckle bearing
Ford racing catch cans
Caliperfexion brake studs
APR studs front and rear with open lug nuts
25mm front spacers
no drill front plat
JLT rock blockers
Airaid filter
FTBR front endlinks
Zl1 add on splitter guards
Ti shims
Spare tire
DSC controller (on its way)

I am looking to add camber plates, x-pipe and carbon drive shaft later this year or next.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on these mods
Sponsored

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
impressive! what spare tire solution did you go with?

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
First off, build is probably the wrong word. I would call this more my eclectic assortment of subtle tweaks. Build does roll off the tongue a little better. My car is at the shop now getting most of the stuff done.

This is to be a streetcar at this point, so NVH has to be kept at a reasonable level. Reduce some of the “floatyness” of the car and sharpen the steering some. The car drives big, I would like it to feel a little more nimble and communicate a little better.

I thought the first place to find improvement would be a reduction in unsprung rotating mass so wheels were ordered

Signature SV501 wheels 19x11 et 50 in gunmetal these with studs and spacers are rotatable

from Steeda I bought:
Cradle alignment
Jacking rails
Front brace
Vertical links (poly)
Clutch spring

From others
MGW short shift kit
BMR cradle lock out
Ford racing catch cans
25mm front spacers
no drill front plat
JLT rock blockers
Airaid filter
FTBR front endlinks
Ti shims
Spare tire

I am looking to add camber plates, x-pipe and carbon drive shaft later this year or next.

A very impressive list of mods.... Just out of curiosity, which shop in MA did you choose to have these mods installed?

OP
OP

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

PAWOLF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350

from Steeda I bought:
Cradle alignment
Jacking rails
Front brace
Vertical links (poly)
Clutch spring

From others
MGW short shift kit
BMR cradle lock out
Ford racing catch cans
25mm front spacers
no drill front plat
JLT rock blockers
Airaid filter
FTBR front endlinks
Ti shims
Spare tire

Nice list !! I'm actually trying to get the spare tire for a piece of mind sometime next month as well. As far as the ZL1 add on splitter guards goes, let me know how you like them. I've seen mixed reviews that they don't really do their job that well and some love it. It's a cheap mod to protect the splitter guards but I wouldn't want to put it on if it doesn't do anything.. :headbonk:

OP
OP

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice list !! I'm actually trying to get the spare tire for a piece of mind sometime next month as well. As far as the ZL1 add on splitter guards goes, let me know how you like them. I've seen mixed reviews that they don't really do their job that well and some love it. It's a cheap mod to protect the splitter guards but I wouldn't want to put it on if it doesn't do anything.. :headbonk:
They look easy to install and are cheap. With minimum scraping I am seeing more wear then I would like on the splitter fasteners. If they protect the hardware they are worth it to me. I hope to get them on one of these weekends.

OP
OP

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to go to the dealer for a warranty issue. Drivers outer CV boot failed. Common issue unfortunately. While I was there I also ordered GT350R springs and GT350R rear sway (the front bars are the same) I did this as I wanted the car to react a little quicker with out a big drop in ride height.

I am giving this a shot as the wheels and spherical bearings have really improved the ride. Yes the bearings let in a little more road noise but the car feels like it rides softer.

If anyone cares to know here are the part numbers: (the first 2 are the rear as they are handed)

FR3Z*5560*W
FR3Z*5560*X
FR3Z*5310*M (front springs, you will need 2)

REAR SWAY BAR
FR3Z*5A772*E

REAR SWAY BUSHING
F2GZ*5493*C (you will need 2)

these are the latest revision part numbers (as of today!)

Last edited:

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Whose Ti brake shims did you go with?

Thx :ford:

OP
OP

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I can not leave well enough alone. I ordered FTBR upper camber arms, cortex rear endlinks, Steeda Rear Camber Adjustment Kit & QA1 carbon drive shaft. Hope to have these in soon.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just for thinking ahead's sake, if you're doing just a street car, DO NOT let anyone convince you that you need to upgrade your sway bars. You'll get zero benefit until you hit track or autocross and depending on your skill level, you may never feel a difference.

OP
OP

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just for thinking ahead's sake, if you're doing just a street car, DO NOT let anyone convince you that you need to upgrade your sway bars. You'll get zero benefit until you hit track or autocross and depending on your skill level, you may never feel a difference.

Thanks for the heads up. In the miata community we called (over sized) sway bars live axle conversion kits. I do not want to add too much roll stiffness at this point! The reason for doing the rear bar (to factory GT350R bar)was for the change in spring rate going from regular to R springs. I am hoping Ford did good job of selecting sway bars for the spring rates they picked.
Sponsored