OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Did they remove the protective film off the wing?
Yes, I asked them to do that so they could check the finish.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Can certainly tell that the polyurethane shipping blocks have been left in your car which is good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I was JUST about to say to make sure they take those out before it goes on the road! :cheers:

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
Absolutely - couldn't hoard those all for myself. Now that I'm done drooling, here they are for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Thanks for the detail on the gaps and such.
Congrats, sir.

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few have reached out with questions about prep and what I wanted the dealership to do versus not do. Here's the list that I sent them shortly before the car arrived.

Please perform the necessary PDI items, except for as follows:

• Do not remove any wrappers, protective coatings, decals, tags or placards
  • Do not install the splitter
  • Do not install a front license plate bracket
  • Do not remove spring / shock spacers
  • Do not lift the driver’s side wiper as it can damage the paint on the edge of the hood
  • Do not add any store decals or emblems
  • Save all of the loose papers or items inside, including the build sheet and any other docs or envelopes
  • Check all tires for cracking, particularly on the shoulders, as the cold in Michigan could have caused damage
  • Please do not allow any test drives
  • If possible, store inside - if in the showroom then the detail shop can give it a gentle wash, but please avoid swirl marks and take care on the stripes as they are soft

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
A few have reached out with questions about prep and what I wanted the dealership to do versus not do. Here's the list that I sent them shortly before the car arrived.

• Do not lift the driver’s side wiper as it can damage the paint on the edge of the hood
  • Save all of the loose papers or items inside, including the build sheet and any other docs or envelopes
  • Check all tires for cracking, particularly on the shoulders, as the cold in Michigan could have caused damage
  • If possible, store inside - if in the showroom then the detail shop can give it a gentle wash, but please avoid swirl marks and take care on the stripes as they are soft
Chris, you may have taken care of this already but it has been my experience that unless advised differently pretty much all Ford dealerships will supply a brand new vehicle with a full tank of gas and not sure if you want to go down that path especially when transporting ~1200 miles let alone one of the dealerships gas jockeys taking your car to the gas station and back.

Also, if you have not requested it already I would ask the dealership for a duplicate window sticker for your car as most Ford dealerships can request a second window sticker for their customer at no cost to them. Always nice to have a second window sticker for our cars at least it is for me.

:cheers:

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Congrats Chris. When are you picking it up? They sure look better in person.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

If you don’t mind me asking where did your car get delivered? Were they receptive to your requests. I want basically the same thing. I don’t want them to wash it though. In all honesty I don’t want them to do anything. No fill up, no wash, and so on. I’m planning to try to be on site when my car arrives. I don’t know how realistic that is...... I hate to sound like a jerk but I’m very OCD, as I’m sure most people buying a car like this are, and I hate that anyone has to touch it at all. Obviously besides the folks that built it. I wish I could pick it up myself from the plant! What I’ve learned is that the stress of ordering a car like this is almost excruciating! My car isn’t even in production yet and I am already worrying about it getting damaged! :headbonk: It’s going to be a long 73 or so more days.... lmao. Not sure how you guys have managed!

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Chris, you may have taken care of this already but it has been my experience that unless advised differently pretty much all Ford dealerships will supply a brand new vehicle with a full tank of gas and not sure if you want to go down that path especially when transporting ~1200 miles let alone one of the dealerships gas jockeys taking your car to the gas station and back.

Also, if you have not requested it already I would ask the dealership for a duplicate window sticker for your car as most Ford dealerships can request a second window sticker for their customer at no cost to them. Always nice to have a second window sticker for our cars at least it is for me.

:cheers:
Love the suggestion of the duplicate window sticker. When should that be requested?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If you don’t mind me asking where did your car get delivered? Were they receptive to your requests. I want basically the same thing. I don’t want them to wash it though. In all honesty I don’t want them to do anything. No fill up, no wash, and so on. I’m planning to try to be on site when my car arrives. I don’t know how realistic that is...... I hate to sound like a jerk but I’m very OCD, as I’m sure most people buying a car like this are, and I hate that anyone has to touch it at all. Obviously besides the folks that built it. I wish I could pick it up myself from the plant! What I’ve learned is that the stress of ordering a car like this is almost excruciating! My car isn’t even in production yet and I am already worrying about it getting damaged! :headbonk: It’s going to be a long 73 or so more days.... lmao. Not sure how you guys have managed!
The same dealer as yours. Decide what you want done and not done. Make the request with Eric and it will be honored.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Love the suggestion of the duplicate window sticker. When should that be requested?
Anytime prior to taking delivery of your car as the selling dealership can make arrangements to either have a duplicate window sticker waiting at the dealership for you to pick up or could have it couriered directly to your home.

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to admit that I went round-and-round in my head about washing it, but when the dealership said it would be inside their showroom, I started weighing the benefits of leaving it dirty (no swirl marks or other damage from an uncaring porter) versus the damage that could occur when people in the showroom rub their hands on it or bump up against it and grind all that dirt into the finish.

This dealership supposedly has a decent detail shop and they assured me they could do a very gentle wash to make it presentable. The plastic wrapping on the wing was also somewhat tattered by the time it arrived, so I asked them to remove that and check it out for me.

By all reports, it came out beautiful, but I'll see first hand soon.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The same dealer as yours. Decide what you want done and not done. Make the request with Eric and it will be honored.
Okay, I thought so, just wanted to make sure.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Okay, I thought so, just wanted to make sure.
And you always have me. I am, in effect, your go to person if you have any issues with the dealership. I know, through countless experiences, that you will not need my help in any way except if you need someone impartial to look something over. Like what I did for Chris, his car arrived and I went VFR direct to the dealership to assess its condition right after it rolled off the truck.

I'd be happy to do that for you (that is unless I'm working or traveling, or whatever). If I'm home, and you need me, Ill be there.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
And you always have me. I am, in effect, your go to person if you have any issues with the dealership. I know, through countless experiences, that you will not need my help in any way except if you need someone impartial to look something over. Like what I did for Chris, his car arrived and I went VFR direct to the dealership to assess its condition right after it rolled off the truck.

I'd be happy to do that for you (that is unless I'm working or traveling, or whatever). If I'm home, and you need me, Ill be there.
Thank You Tom, you are a huge asset to the car community.
Sponsored