EB Mustang Recall - 2/14/2014 - 2/10/15

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
I saw my vehicle is in need from the Sync My Ride site.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Might as well get all my issues taken care of while I'm there: brake tsb, ruffled booty print in drivers seat, and crooked rear window (which will be a pain because it was tinted before I noticed the uneven brake light gaps)

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
My car was built October '14, but owner.ford.com shows this recall listed for my VIN. So, either the site is wrong, or the dates are wrong.

EDIT: From the article.
You're a part of the recall because your car was built between those dates. Dates aren't wrong you read it wrong.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I feel like trading mine in for the coyote. For as fun as this car has been, I'm getting tired of all of the issues with direct injection, turbo, and specifically just the recalls on the EB mustang so far.

Even if I don't, it's just nice to vent.
You know I almost traded in my EB this weekend.

But after test driving the GT again, I was not impressed. To be honest just slow haha. If I bought one I'd have to supercharge it, simple as that.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
You know I almost traded in my EB this weekend.

But after test driving the GT again, I was not impressed. To be honest just slow haha. If I bought one I'd have to supercharge it, simple as that.
I can't daily another 5.0, for how much I drive and for how little open roads I have, it makes me jealous of the people on here that live in the middle of nowhere.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Haha cotus sounds like an STD to me

You need to look at the window sticker to get the actual build date I believe. There should be a link to download it when you look up your car in cotus
I have the original window sticker and I downloaded one and still can't find a build date. Is it referred to as "BLEND"? If so, at the top of the sticker it says 120150206 with BLEND under it. Maybe that is 02/06/2015?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I have the original window sticker and I downloaded one and still can't find a build date. Is it referred to as "BLEND"? If so, at the top of the sticker it says 120150206 with BLEND under it. Maybe that is 02/06/2015?
Yep I believe that is the correct date

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Ughh, I thought this recall would address the F&*King CEL I've had since day 1 of ownership...

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I hope they give me a GT to whip around as a loaner while my car is at the dealership...

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang LX Hatch T-Tops
Well I guess I am glad that I am trading in my ecoboost now. Just went for a drive and said to myself maybe I shouldn't. Now I read this thats f'ing nuts. My GT arrives by the end of May.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Is this seriously deterring some buyers? It's a few preventative heat shields guys. Every new vehicle I've bought has had a recall of some sort. I think my 13 Wrangler has had three even. For that matter, the 92-96 F150, 250, and 350s had a brake sensor "fire hazard" recall.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Is this seriously deterring some buyers? It's a few preventative heat shields guys. Every new vehicle I've bought has had a recall of some sort. I think my 13 Wrangler has had three even. For that matter, the 92-96 F150, 250, and 350s had a brake sensor "fire hazard" recall.

I also recall the GT also having a recall earlier last year. Actually one of the first several thousand made. I think people are just looking at all the negatives and not focusing on any positives with the EcoBoost. It's an awesome performance bargain. Gas mileage? Maybe it's how you put your foot down? Smoking? Maybe the catless downpipe you installed? Low on power? Maybe a misfire? Loose intercooler pipes?

Now wanting to get a GT because of a sudden recall?

Everyone needs to stop with the "eww a 4 cylinder mustang" stigma and just enjoy the car for what it is. It's a different powertrain than what everyone is used to seeing in recent years. People will take time to warm up to it. Just because a few people see a recall here and there or someone saying "GT or go home" doesn't mean you should give in. Look at the positives. Stop focusing on the negatives. Don't listen to what other people say. They ain't paying your monthly payment at the end of the day, so why let those opinions bother you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I feel like trading mine in for the coyote. For as fun as this car has been, I'm getting tired of all of the issues with direct injection, turbo, and specifically just the recalls on the EB mustang so far.

Even if I don't, it's just nice to vent.
And now you know why many of us wanted a premium V6...so we don't have to deal with the stuff like that comes with Turbos.

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang LX Hatch T-Tops
I also recall the GT also having a recall earlier last year. Actually one of the first several thousand made. I think people are just looking at all the negatives and not focusing on any positives with the EcoBoost. It's an awesome performance bargain. Gas mileage? Maybe it's how you put your foot down? Smoking? Maybe the catless downpipe you installed? Low on power? Maybe a misfire? Loose intercooler pipes?

Now wanting to get a GT because of a sudden recall?

Everyone needs to stop with the "eww a 4 cylinder mustang" stigma and just enjoy the car for what it is. It's a different powertrain than what everyone is used to seeing in recent years. People will take time to warm up to it. Just because a few people see a recall here and there or someone saying "GT or go home" doesn't mean you should give in. Look at the positives. Stop focusing on the negatives. Don't listen to what other people say. They ain't paying your monthly payment at the end of the day, so why let those opinions bother you?

The Ecoboost is an awesome Mustang but my desire to have a V8 finally kicked in after the honeymoon was over. I would love to have both but not financially possible right now. After shopping around and found a dealer that was given me what I wanted it made more sense to do a deal for a V8 now and let these issues resolve itself after a couple of years and go back to buy an I4 for cheap if possible.

Part of me doesnt want to do it but every now and then I know I will just say to myself "man wish it was a v8."

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Those of you that think the direct injection issues are bad in this car should drive a BRZ. It sounded like there were crickets living under the hood every time the car was stopped at a red light.

I'd love to have a GT even if it was just for the better sound, but I'm really enjoying getting an average of 28 mpg. One little recall doesn't outweigh that.
Sponsored