Sponsored

aftermarket racing seats???

WeritoK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 PP Silver
Hi guys!

I want to get some decent street racing seats on my 15 mustang GT, thing is I don't know where to look and specially what kind of seats would fit the car! I think aftermarket seats must have specifics on different cars... Can someone help me here???
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I installed Corbeau FX1 Pros in mine.

I used the S197 Brackets, and made a small modification to them to get them to work. I didn't feel like waiting.

Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I had some Corbeau buckets in my 240z and loved them. They weren't as good looking as the Recaros, but they held you in place just as well.

snowman4us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
Cobeau is a "ok" at best seat. I find them to be made cheap and use low quality fabrics, as a result the seats are very low price. Another issue with them is they seem to have padding where you dont want it, and none where you actually need it. Also Corbeau US (not to be confused with Corbeau EU) bucket seats are not SFI/FIA crash test rated, so keep that in mind.

I have been using Sparco seats for years in many cars and find them to be very comfortable and safe(SFI/FIA tested)! Yes they are not cheap, but I rather pay for a nice, comfortable, and safe seat then pay for medical bills if a cheap seat fails.

Recaro, RaceTech and BRIDE are 3 other great seat options that are both high quality and test rated.
Keep in mind, there is a reason why you see all major motor road race/drift/rally use these brands.

3 best things that I can say from my experience of selling performance safety racing equipment for automotive use.
1) MOST IMPORTANT. Buy from a reputable dealer, so this way you dont end up being tricked into buying a fake seat because you get a "great deal". AKA No ebay
2) Go sit in a bunch of seats and find one that fits YOU. Racing seats are like shoes, not one size fits all. They range in size and fit.
3) Dont cheap out on mounting solution. As if your mount fails, so does the seat.

Overall, expect to spend 1K+ per seat on the low end of things to get a quality seat+mounting solution+hardware.
Best of luck :)

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
RavSpec is working on getting brackets done for the s550. Treat yourself to some Bride seats when they're done.

Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Sparco Sprints! They are the cheapest SFI/FIA certified seats you can buy, and have always been a go to. You can get them for as cheap as 380 a piece, and a good Gforce harness for 100. Can't beat it.

RaceTech or OMP is the way to go if you're looking for something a bit nicer. I personally would only buy Recaros if I were in the market for a reclining seat, which isn't legal in most serious racing organizations.
Sponsored