Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
AHaha, Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Dyno numbers mean squat in the real world.

Its a tool and a tool only to show baseline numbers and gains for components added and/or tuning. An unloaded dyno number means even less then squat and thats coming from us who has an in house Dynojet dyno.

Track times, driveability and SOTP feel is more important then any numbers being thrown around and honestly some of the graphs I've seen would get you laughed out of any tuning forum around.

Get yourself a few good bolt on parts such as a CAI, downpipe, FMIC and/or piping and a good safe reliable tune and you will be very happy with the results, we sure are and so are our customers!!!

JJ

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM

Its a tool and a tool only to show baseline numbers and gains for components added and/or tuning. An unloaded dyno number means even less then squat and thats coming from us who has an in house Dynojet dyno.

Track times, driveability and SOTP feel is more important then any numbers being thrown around and honestly some of the graphs I've seen would get you laughed out of any tuning forum around.

Get yourself a few good bolt on parts such as a CAI, downpipe, FMIC and/or piping and a good safe reliable tune and you will be very happy with the results, we sure are and so are our customers!!!

JJ
cool story bro
wanna race?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP

JJ
I can respect your opinion, however track times aren't really applicable to the real world either since most people don't drive around with track tires on and most streets are in no way comparable to a prepped 1/4 mile track...

It's all just bragging rights, and that doesn't really hurt anyone does it?

Sponsored

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I can respect your opinion, however track times aren't really applicable to the real world either since most people don't drive around with track tires on and most streets are in no way comparable to a prepped 1/4 mile track...

It's all just bragging rights, and that doesn't really hurt anyone does it?
I agree totally, it is about bragging rights but in the end they dont really mean that much.

I'm of the mindset that I would rather go to the track with lower dyno numbers and run better then anyone boasting higher inflated numbers that are not accurate.

Your also right, it doesnt hurt anyone to post or show big numbers but in the end if you cant back them up then those numbers once again mean squat.

cool story bro
wanna race?
You honestly represent a company? :shrug:

This is a discussion about dyno numbers and people are offering up opinions and thoughts on the subject, if you want to make snide comments to stir the pot please feel free to do it elsewhere.

JJ

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Holy sh*t is that with your upgraded pistons/rods? And I'm assuming this is the track tune?

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I agree totally, it is about bragging rights but in the end they dont really mean that much.

I'm of the mindset that I would rather go to the track with lower dyno numbers and run better then anyone boasting higher inflated numbers that are not accurate.

Your also right, it doesnt hurt anyone to post or show big numbers but in the end if you cant back them up then those numbers once again mean squat.

This is a discussion about dyno numbers and people are offering up opinions and thoughts on the subject, if you want to make snide comments to stir the pot please feel free to do it elsewhere.

JJ
sorry sir, you are the one coming off like a real PITA with your belly aching
I was mostly kidding but you wouldn't know with your panties all bunched up
I'll comment as I see fit thank you very much:clap2:

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
well this thread took an unexpected turn.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2

JJ
JJ, didn't you just do the same thing to MAP?

Numbers are cool but they are never apples to apples... Unless somehow all parts are equal, which is never the case.

I honestly don't care if any one vendor's product is the biggest or baddest out there as stated by them. In the end, for me, the customer it boils down to a good product, information and documentation of said item, and most importantly, great CS from the vendor and general attitude they show towards us, the customers.

PS: Competition FTW!!!

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
JJ, didn't you just do the same thing to MAP?

Numbers are cool but they are never apples to apples... Unless somehow all parts are equal, which is never the case.

I honestly don't care if any one vendor's product is the biggest or baddest out there. In the end, for me, the customer it boils down to a good product and the support/CS from the vendor and general attitude they show towards us, the customers.

PS: Competition FTW!!!

I havent mentioned or quoted any other company in this thread. I'm speaking in generalities when it comes to whats been posted as dyno numbers or results.

Sorry if my comments seem to be snide, they are not meant to be but also keep in mind I dont sugarcoat anything that I say when it comes to what I feel is correct information given to you guys who spend your hard earned money on parts and services.

JJ

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
When you're talking a battle of tuners, dyno sheets certainly mean more than 1/4 mile numbers. It's not a tuners job to make sure I can drive, have slicks and upgraded axles, and take out my passenger seat and back seat. And those account for the biggest portion of a track time. Let's stay on topic here. If you don't like comparing dyno numbers, then this isn't the thread for you. No need to dictate forum content by declaring threads irrelevant because they don't support your agenda.
Sponsored