Top End???

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
does anyone know what the top end of the 2015s 5.0s are? what is the fastest you've gone in yours? i did 123 today and she was still pulling...
Sponsored

francisco511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What's the fastest anyone has ran on 5th gear with PP??

I've only gone about 125 also.

Aaleck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, Premium, Manual
I've gone 160 in my s197

Sponsored

EricinSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 E250 Bluetec
And where are you both doing 125?

Both of their locations are places in southern California so the obvious answer would be they both drove 125 in California. Whether or not it was at a track or on the street I don't know or care and :tsk:honestly neither should you.:rant:

I believe top speed on the Gt's the governor is set at 164 but from first hand experience I have not yet confirmed this;), so truthfully I don't know yet.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
One magazine test got 163-164. Forgot which one it was. Not sure if that is valid or not based on comments from previous generation owners with 3.73 gears as they used a PP car.

I have only been 110mph. That was somewhere in VA.

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
I believe top speed on the Gt's the governor is set at 164.
Yep, 164 governed, but could be limited by other things, specifically gearing. I have been in triple digits but was too busy watching the country road in BFE to look at the speedo.

Oh yeah, and that would be a country road in NC.... for anyone interested...lol

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Both of their locations are places in southern California so the obvious answer would be they both drove 125 in California. Whether or not it was at a track or on the street I don't know or care and :tsk:honestly neither should you.:rant:

I believe top speed on the Gt's the governor is set at 164 but from first hand experience I have not yet confirmed this;), so truthfully I don't know yet.

Lol, that and Spartan is in the state that has some of the most ridiculous speeding laws

Aaleck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lol, that and Spartan is in the state that has some of the most ridiculous speeding laws

I absolutely hate driving through Virginia for that reason

Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
135 is the fastest I've gone, and I won't say where.

OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
And where are you both doing 125?
i was cursing through a school zone and thought what the heck.... i let it all hang out... kiddies were flying off the front bumpers and landing the next block over... should have seen it!!!!:first: :thumbsup:

JK,

Race legal is a place in Southern Cali that meets once a month and lets people get their drag racing dreams out of the way. i know one of the guys who run it. he let me come in a little early and gave me a little more room to play. at 125, i decided it was getting a little fast for me and closed it down. my 2015 premium PP was still pulling in 5th at 5k, i figured another 2k and one more gear i could have gotten in the 150 range. i didnt' know it would go that fast...

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's

My GT/PP has less than 1,000 miles on it and I went 90mph by accident. Seriously...I just didn't realize it until my Wife reminded me. The car is so fast, smooth, seamless, not to mention FUN. It will break 100 mph without any trouble what so ever.

But you guy's all know that already. I'm certainly not saying don't go fast. Thats what fast cars are for. Have fun and don't get caught. What you may not know is this...I don't know about any of the other 49 States, but here in the Republic of Calli -Fornication, if you get caugh going over 100 mph, you are F#%KED!

I have personal experience as well as Family and Freinds that are Police, as well as Bail Bonds Men.

Here is what you can expect if you are caught doing over 100 mph...

1. Placed under arrest, hand cuffed and placed in the back of the cruiser and taken to jail.

2. Your car will be towed and impounded and it will cost you upwards of $500 to have it released.

3. You will be charged with speeding (of course), exhibition of speed and reckless driving. Incase your not counting, that's 3 points.

4. You will have to make bail...cost $$$ ???

5. Because you went 20 mph over the posted speed limit, (CVC) that is a mandatory apperance in front of the Judge, where you will have to plead one way or the other and request from the Judge permission to go to traffic School just to remove 1 point out of 3, just so your license isn't suspended.

5. Your Insurance will be jacked up for 3 years until the remaining 2 points are removed.

6. If you get another ticket within 18 months after the 1 point is removed, you're back to 3 points and licence revocation.

Drive safely and welcome to California. Have a nice day :)

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
My GT/PP has less than 1,000 miles on it and I went 90mph by accident. Seriously...I just didn't realize it until my Wife reminded me. The car is so fast, smooth, seamless, not to mention FUN. It will break 100 mph without any trouble what so ever.

But you guy's all know that already. I'm certainly not saying don't go fast. Thats what fast cars are for. Have fun and don't get caught. What you may not know is this...I don't know about any of the other 49 States, but here in the Republic of Calli -Fornication, if you get caugh going over 100 mph, you are F#%KED!

I have personal experience as well as Family and Freinds that are Police, as well as Bail Bonds Men.

Here is what you can expect if you are caught doing over 100 mph...

1. Placed under arrest, hand cuffed and placed in the back of the cruiser and taken to jail.

2. Your car will be towed and impounded and it will cost you upwards of $500 to have it released.

3. You will be charged with speeding (of course), exhibition of speed and reckless driving. Incase your not counting, that's 3 points.

4. You will have to make bail...cost $$$ ???

5. Because you went 20 mph over the posted speed limit, (CVC) that is a mandatory apperance in front of the Judge, where you will have to plead one way or the other and request from the Judge permission to go to traffic School just to remove 1 point out of 3, just so your license isn't suspended.

5. Your Insurance will be jacked up for 3 years until the remaining 2 points are removed.

6. If you get another ticket within 18 months after the 1 point is removed, you're back to 3 points and licence revocation.

Drive safely and welcome to California. Have a nice day :)
All great reasons for not living in CA. Thanks!

Aaleck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)