Traction Control

ralph7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2000 GMC 1500, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
If launching hard on a hard surface, will both tires not spin if the traction control is turned off?
Sponsored

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
If TC is not fully disabled - no - they won't spin it will just bog down until TC senses it's fine and ramps back in the power.

Turning TC completely off by holding the button for 10~ seconds, will enable you to do a burnout.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Turning TC completely off by holding the button for 10~ seconds, will enable you to do a burnout.
Mine will do a burnout with TC on, just not very far.

Turning TC off and leaving advance track on, will allow a burnout and not let you spin out. Turning it all off gets you a YT video

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
Mine will do a burnout with TC on, just not very far.

Turning TC off and leaving advance track on, will allow a burnout and not let you spin out. Turning it all off gets you a YT video
So far for me, turning it all off doesn't give me the YT vid scenario. Instead the rear breaks loose from 1st to 2nd and I can correct it. With just the TC off, the car still tries to overcorrect itself and the YT vid scenario pops up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
If TC is not fully disabled - no - they won't spin it will just bog down until TC senses it's fine and ramps back in the power.

does it go back to normal after the car is turned off and on (holding the button down for 10 seconds). Also, (for anyone to answer) are the YT videos a result of the traction control being on? And if you do the "10 second", hold will this prevent the YT plowing into people?

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
does it go back to normal after the car is turned off and on (holding the button down for 10 seconds). Also, (for anyone to answer) are the YT videos a result of the traction control being on? And if you do the "10 second", hold will this prevent the YT plowing into people?
Yes, it resets with every key cycle.

Crashes are the result of incompetent drivers 99% of the time - the assumption that traction control will or will not save you is a portion of that.

Know your own driving limits, the limits of your car, and the limits of the environment you’re in.

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Yes, it resets with every key cycle.

Crashes are the result of incompetent drivers 99% of the time - the assumption that traction control will or will not save you is a portion of that.

Know your own driving limits, the limits of your car, and the limits of the environment you’re in.
..............thank you.............
Sponsored